Got myself a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass in Natural finish today

She plays and sounds lovely
Got her for £229, plus a rather good, ProtectionRacket gig bag/case (it's a hybrid between a gig bag and hard case, its epic) for £69.

Setup wise I haven't done anything yet as it's pretty much as I'd like it, action's just over 2.5mm at the 12th fret on the E string, and apparently they rarely do anything to guitars when they get them in at the shop i bought it from (MusicRoom in Salisbury) and if they do its only minor, so this is basically the factory setup and I'm rather impressed with it for a Squier (not dissing Squier, but for a bass of this price I wouldn't expect that much effort to be put into setup).
Construction wise it's pretty solid all round, feels like something of a much higher price mostly, except for the volume and tone knobs which aren't completely upright :/

Anyways, I am *very* pleased with it, I have an Ibanez GSR200 which is pretty good, but it's not what I would've bought as my first bass, I only bought it because my sister wanted to sell it to me for cheaps and I wanted a bass, and Im getting more into funky, slappy stuff now which this just feels better suited to.

Hope you like
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Mar 7, 2012,
A wonderful bass! the VM series play as well as the old MIM Fenders, and have an excellent sound to them too. The one you got is one my favorites to pick up any time I go to a GC.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Nice!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Just got one of these too a few weeks ago, haven't got to really try it yet, but got a greaaat deal. I do love the natural body, maple neck with black, probably my new favorite look.
yeah, i love the look of the neck, the block inlays and the binding are so gorgeous!!

there has been like 4 or 5 NBDs with this bass since the last month. it seems it's kind of a UG standard. surely, it's because it is such a good bass for the price...

I love mine you know.

Cheers!!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
beautiful looking bass, congrats.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.