I use Rotosound Pinks (9-42) right now because they give you an Extra high e with each packet. Do any other string manufacturers do this? I would like to sample other string brands but the extra high makes me keep coming back to Rotos.
i remember Knucklehead strings did that. dunno if they do anymore
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
There's a regional company based in Ohio that gives you an extra high e. I don't buy the strings anymore (I usually stick with ghs or ernie ball) but it definitely comes in handy, wish more companies did it.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Not really. But do you really need that extra high e?

I've got a maybe 3-4 spare plus 2 more on the way (assuming I resting with out breaking any). I used to break a lot of high e's changing strings but I haven't for ages, I just like the extra insurance.

I like Rotosound, I just might like other brands better and wanted maybe try some out.
Quote by MegadethFan18
I've got a maybe 3-4 spare plus 2 more on the way (assuming I resting with out breaking any). I used to break a lot of high e's changing strings but I haven't for ages, I just like the extra insurance.

I like Rotosound, I just might like other brands better and wanted maybe try some out.

You know a lot of stores sell individual strings...yes they usually jack up the price a bit but I'd consider the option if you want to try different brands.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by edbert
You know a lot of stores sell individual strings...yes they usually jack up the price a bit but I'd consider the option if you want to try different brands.

I buy strings from Amazon because there isn't and music shops within 40 minutes of where I live.

I'll try out some Ernie Ball and Daddario next time I change strings, and go from there.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Some 7 string guitar players use two high E strings. The guitar plays like a six string with two e strings for twang.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 7, 2012,
i use D'addario and have for probably 10 years, i have on occasion tried something else, but i like my D'addarios, plus buying a 10 pack for $35 makes them more affordable.

at least one of 10 plastic seal things i get an extra string, may me low E or high e or whatever. just maybe mistake. there have been periods where it has happened more or less. the last three packs i opened had and extra string, a high e and an 'A' string. this 10 pack was not a typical occurrence, but i don't complain.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I buy strings in which you don't need extra ones. Hopefully you like them because they play well and not just for the extra string. It's like they expect it to break. That would be no good live!!!