Nice playing, and great sound quality! But it's lacking that gypsy flavor. A small part of that, IMO, is from the non-gypsy guitar, but the crucial part is your note choice during improvisation. Try a scale other than the minor pentatonic. The manouche pentatonic is a good one:

In addition, a more structured improv would really improve the recording. Try playing around with repeated themes and some modulated motifs. The call-and-response mindset is a good method to try. And as always, frequent listening to the greats (I recommend Joscho Stephan, Angelo Debarre, Bireli Lagrene, and of course Django) is an excellent way to build a repertoire of ideas and influences.

All in all, a sweet recording. As you can probably tell, I love seeing people play gypsy jazz nowadays. Keep at it!
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Last edited by FishStik at Mar 8, 2012,
Wow thank you so much! I just started taking a gypsy swing class and I wanted to try something like that. I was just using the natural minor scale because I didn't know what the typical gypsy scale was. I will make sure to use this scale that you gave me in my next recording.