http://www.theguitarshop.ca/features.php?id=1398

Not trying to advertise the site or store but just wow at that guitar.

Compound radius fretboard? Didnt know gibson did that

The only sketchy thing is not knowing whether or not its "chambered"

Pretty cool guitar regardless.
Quote by Seanthesheep
http://www.theguitarshop.ca/features.php?id=1398

Not trying to advertise the site or store but just wow at that guitar.

Compound radius fretboard? Didnt know gibson did that

The only sketchy thing is not knowing whether or not its "chambered"

Pretty cool guitar regardless.

This was also Gibson's first guitar to feature "dynamic sound chambers"

There you go
Give Brent a call. He'll tell you whatever you need to know. Done lots of business with his shop.
Something from Gibson that doesn't suck?! Awesome!

(I hate my username...)
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
For $600US less I'd consider a new Classic Custom:

Main difference is the baked maple board, which appears very light in this pic but which have been darker on the newer ones coming out and which I hear also darkens up nicely with a few coats of lemon oil. I'd check it out though, I've never been a big fan of ebony anyway.
Last edited by Spud Spudly at Mar 8, 2012,
I honestly don't like the backside TS it's beautiful, but I wish the red covered the entire guitar, not just the front
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Meh. If I wanted a flashy LP I'd just get an ESP, who look right when they do it. That Gibson is a total boner kill IMO.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by thehikingdude
Give Brent a call. He'll tell you whatever you need to know. Done lots of business with his shop.

Yea the guys there are great, Its actually where I bought my PRS from, turns out theyre only like 30 mins away from me so for their selection on mesa bogner and prs its deff worth it once in a while
Quote by GibsonMan321
Something from Gibson that doesn't suck?! Awesome!

(I hate my username...)

I wouldn't say they suck, they're just too expensive for what you get. You're just buying the name. I bought my Explorer in 2005 and it's fantastic. But now they've doubled in price. Not worth it anymore.

-Tony
"dynamic sound chambers" - keeping the weight in check and adding a nice resonance to the sound
Its pretty darn chambered alright!
Quote by Seanthesheep
But is it the chambering that they use on all USA models or is a new design of chambers

they've done different "versions" of chambering and weight relief over the years.

i've never been a fan of the elegant. i blame the ec1000.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by sashki
What's the big deal with chambering and weight relief?
I see a lot of talk about it, but I don't understand why it's an important feature.

the feature equates to lighter weight guitars.

old growth mahogany was lighter weight. but they stopped getting that stuff in the 60's.

so the wood from the 70s and on wasn't all as light as the old stuff, some was but most wasn't.

so in the early 80s they started creating cavities inside the mahogany by drilling out sections of it. as of 2008 the LP Standard is fully chambered, as opposed to weight relieved which started in 1982.

some les paul purists and enthusiasts went bonkers about it pretty much ever since.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 10, 2012,