Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely practice and polish my tracks more.

Quote by PowerEngine
no offense but sounds like shit and its making me nervous

Quote by ringo710
Sounds dildos. Practice harder, poser.

It's ok if it was bad, but I could use some constructive criticism. Honestly comments like that don't really help me as in how to get better. Thanks for the comments anyway.
Last edited by CannonsAhoy at Mar 8, 2012,
Basically, the phrasing sounded absolutely random, it felt like you mainly were just playing a series of unconnected licks, the legato was pretty weak, as were the bends, and, on the whole, playing was just sloppy, you sound like you need to relax, and really pay attention to the beat, as you went off time quite a bit, though you did manage to pull it back when you could, which is good. I'd agree with playing less notes, at one section, you sounded lick you might be onto a decent melody, but you just let it die to do some badly performed shredding.

The more technical parts you need to practice, I have nothing against 'shredding', in fact, I love it when done right, because shredding has its own melody, it's not a random flurry of notes, and against this spanish-sounding backing, it feels like you are, at times, simply trying to show off instead of trying to make good music, which isn't too bad, if the showy stuff is truly impressive, however, as mentioned before, it was riddled with mistakes, I personally wouldn't have let this recording see the light of day, in fact, I'd have used it to identify my weak spots.

My other issue is an addition to the random phrasing comment I made. You sound absolutely terrified. For a second, imagine you're a deer or something. You're strolling along a path you know fairly well, then all of a sudden, you end up in an open road, and you get a quick look at the car that's about to kill you. For a second, you're thinking 'Oh bloody hell, what do I do now >_<'. A lot of this recording sounded like you were walking fairly comfortably for a second, your licks were going okayish, and then they ended, and you were forced to play something random, out of time, and badly rehearsed. Remember, rests are notes in their own right, they give things a whole new feel, and give the solo a bit more space.

The tone was really weak too, I'd recommend either going dead clean and having a real spanish feel to it, or cranking the gain a bit, and have it in a Neoclassical style, once you've improved technically, because this not clean/not distorted tone is really not working at the moment.

Hope that helped ^_^
Quote by CelestialGuitar
Basically, the phrasing sounded absolutely random, it felt like you mainly were just playing a series of unconnected licks, the legato was pretty weak, as were the bends, and, on the whole, playing was just sloppy, you sound like you need to relax, and really pay attention to the beat, as you went off time quite a bit, though you did manage to pull it back when you could, which is good. I'd agree with playing less notes, at one section, you sounded lick you might be onto a decent melody, but you just let it die to do some badly performed shredding.

The more technical parts you need to practice, I have nothing against 'shredding', in fact, I love it when done right, because shredding has its own melody, it's not a random flurry of notes, and against this spanish-sounding backing, it feels like you are, at times, simply trying to show off instead of trying to make good music, which isn't too bad, if the showy stuff is truly impressive, however, as mentioned before, it was riddled with mistakes, I personally wouldn't have let this recording see the light of day, in fact, I'd have used it to identify my weak spots.

My other issue is an addition to the random phrasing comment I made. You sound absolutely terrified. For a second, imagine you're a deer or something. You're strolling along a path you know fairly well, then all of a sudden, you end up in an open road, and you get a quick look at the car that's about to kill you. For a second, you're thinking 'Oh bloody hell, what do I do now >_<'. A lot of this recording sounded like you were walking fairly comfortably for a second, your licks were going okayish, and then they ended, and you were forced to play something random, out of time, and badly rehearsed. Remember, rests are notes in their own right, they give things a whole new feel, and give the solo a bit more space.

The tone was really weak too, I'd recommend either going dead clean and having a real spanish feel to it, or cranking the gain a bit, and have it in a Neoclassical style, once you've improved technically, because this not clean/not distorted tone is really not working at the moment.

Hope that helped ^_^

Well that was an exemplary comment! Thank you for that, it really gave me something to think about.
I really dont think this is bad at all. Your timing might be a little off, but i hear alot of nice stuff in there. You shuld practice improvising with a metronome, so you get just pure rythm. But overall, very nice done. Personally, i would use a little overdrive, but thats just me.