He guys, I recently started a thread on string gauges but what im trying to play has changed since then. Im gonna be playing a lot of bfmv songs. and they're in drop C. So I want strings that are perfect for drop C. The low strings shouldn't be loose. they should be kinda tight but not too tight. Loose enough to be bent. Ill be playing drop B but not a lot . Ill be tuning to D standard sometimes. So which gauge would be best for me?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Skinny top heavy bottoms. Replace the .52 with a .56
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Last edited by cdr_salamander at Mar 8, 2012,
11-54s

I do like 12-56s for Drop B.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by silly hats
11-54s

This.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
DR Alexi Laiho 56-10 strings for both drop C and B on a 25'5 scale
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Strings are cheap, buy a few different packs and find out what gauges you like. Nobody will be able to tell you what will be best for you, everyones preferences are different!
i've been pretty happy with the dunlop 12-54's lately. you could also try the ernie ball titanium coated in 11's. it kinda depends on your scale length and how tight/loose you want the strings. i have a 26inch scale neck so its kinda long and keeps decent tension.

those dunlops are really nice and punchy though. give them a shot
Problem is that strings here is double the price you guys get them for... Anyway ill check out the ones you mentioned .
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.