Hi,

I currently have a randall rg50t valve amp, its pretty good, it has newish JJ valves in it and is hooked up to a single 12" V30 cab. Its the most expensive and best amp ive owned, and ive been pretty happy with it. It has also been going strong for 5 years with no probs. My only criticism of the randall is that it is too powerful, and has to be up to loud to sound optimal.

Im considering purchasing a mesa boogie mini, but I was wondering if it will sound much different / better to the randall, IE is it a big step up? Or will it be much the same? I havnt had a chance to try one out yet, but I love the rectifier tone as per all my fav bands.

I want to play high gain metal but also have something that is versatile enough for everything. It will be used for lounge room jaming, and jamming with mates, nothing to extreme.

Here in australia amps are pretty dear, the mesa costs 1800 USD, so im just contemplating if its worth dropping that much cash or not. For it to be worth while it had better be a shitload better than the randall.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks.
RG's & Mesa's
I would say the Mini Rec is a better amp both tonally and build wise. I personally think it is worth whatever sacrificing you'd have to make. I say that without really know much about what you are looking for in an amp or what you play though. So....grain of salt.

There is a 'What amp' sticky if you are interested in some broader help.

That said, the Mini Rec won't fix all of your 'bedroom player' problems. It will still be loud.

free bump basically
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I would say the Mini Rec is a better amp both tonally and build wise. I personally think it is worth whatever sacrificing you'd have to make. I say that without really know much about what you are looking for in an amp or what you play though. So....grain of salt.

There is a 'What amp' sticky if you are interested in some broader help.

That said, the Mini Rec won't fix all of your 'bedroom player' problems. It will still be loud.

free bump basically

play at 10 watts works perfect for bedroom easy
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
The odds are you will like the Mini Rectifier better than your Randall, If you can afford it it's a really nice amp. Just be conscious there are lot of great used tube amps you can get for the same money.

But if it really has the tone features you need then go for it.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Quote by ksmc
play at 10 watts works perfect for bedroom easy

You bumped this thread to tell me this?

Whatever. 10 watts is still loud for some. There was a guy on here the other night with Vox 4 banger and it was tooooooo loud.
^+1 some people even claim 1w is too loud for bedroom xD. I can live with 15w easily .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
There was a guy on here the other night with Vox 4 banger and it was tooooooo loud.

He was complaining about .25 watts

I tried the Mini Rec at GC and loved it quite a bit. That's probably going to be my next amp purchase, when I can justify getting it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Dont mean to change the subject, but I bounce back in forth between metal and classic rock tones. I know the mini rec will give me metal tones that i want. But will channel 2 on vintage get a passible leslie west missippi queen tone? Thanks!