/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
Dear god thats old. I'm pretty sure theres already been threads about it

sorry
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
Now bare with me Pit, this is a pretty long youtube clip (20 mins)

I'm out
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Fat Lard
Do schools kill creativity? Is France full of homosexuals?

Are Americans fat?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I don't think schools kill creativity (haven't watched the vid yet, I will in a second). If it's the one thing I miss about my old school it's the music room. I spent mornings, breaks, lunches, after school period, and skipped classes in there with other musicians. And it wasn't always the same people, so it wasn't always the same music. I was always motivated back then, and I'm not that much now. I firmly believe that not having other people to jam with has demotivated me to supreme lows.

Then again, the system was pretty Orwellian iirc. And you may not have even been talking about musical creativity.
Quote by Fat Lard
Do schools kill creativity? Is France full of homosexuals?

I find that some do. Law School in Uni certainly does. Which is why I'm transferring.

Is France full of homosexuals? No. No it isn't. Lived there for 4 years, encountered 2. Ignoramus.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
After going to my daughter's school to talk to her teachers about her options last night, I'd have to say that they seem to be trying to influence creativity quite strongly.
I would rather the schools actively tried to kill creativity than the other way around. For the true artists can not be restrained. But the filth will be kept in the gutter where it belongs.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
My school is a public school with the rules of a private school.
By which I mean, individuality is not allowed.
Last edited by cjstylez97 at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by Dawginator
Is France full of homosexuals? No. No it isn't. Lived there for 4 years, encountered 2. Ignoramus.

Based on your 4 year (y) of 2 homosexual (x) sample, there is sufficient evidence ( at α = 0.5) to reject the null hypothesis that you have given ( Ho: France not full of homosexuals) to determine that for every France, there is a predicted 50% homosexuals, holding the 50% closet homosexuals constant.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
I ****ing hate crowds like this. MAN, SHUT THE **** UP.

Hmmm, someone obviously touched a raw nerve.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, someone obviously touched a raw nerve.

It is like he thought he was commenting on a youtube video but accidentally posted on UG
Unless I am missing something.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
It is like he thought he was commenting on a youtube video but accidentally posted on UG
Unless I am missing something.

It did seem rather random... possibly a weird form of tourettes syndrome?
Ah yes. A touch of the 'drome.
Quote by Gabel
Well public schools were originally created to train kids to get used to being factory workers.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Well public schools were originally created to train kids to get used to being factory workers.

What?

How can that be if public schools predate the invention of factories? Matthew Boulton's Soho Manufactory (established in 1761 in Birmingham) is considered as the first factory by modern standards, but some public schools were set up before the 10th century.
Infact the 'King's School', in Canterbury, was founded in AD 597 by St. Augustine, (making it the world's oldest extant school) that's over a thousand years before factories were invented.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Mar 8, 2012,
Tl;dw
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Dawginator

How can you tell? France is full of FRENCH people. That's like gay-light with a side of baguettes (ever noticed how baguettes are shaped like penises and associated with French people... huh? huh?... yeah).
Quote by ripple07
Ah yes. A touch of the 'drome.

I posted it on the video too, I'm just really into being overly emotional right now okay guys.

NO BUT SERIOUSLY DO THEY NEED TO BE ALL ****ING HYSTERICAL OVER EVERY SINGLE LITTLE ****ING NOT EVEN THAT FUNNY JOKE?????????? :@:@:@:@:@@:@:@::@:
Quote by ZanasCross
How can you tell? France is full of FRENCH people. That's like gay-light with a side of baguettes (ever noticed how baguettes are shaped like penises and associated with French people... huh? huh?... yeah).

I'll reply to this one because it made me giggle slightly..

Yes alright, they like their phallic symbols, adultery, and surrendering. But there isn't anything in the world like a nice French HPOA.

But I do agree, the problem with France is that it is full of French people.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Fat Lard
Based on your 4 year (y) of 2 homosexual (x) sample, there is sufficient evidence ( at α = 0.5) to reject the null hypothesis that you have given ( Ho: France not full of homosexuals) to determine that for every France, there is a predicted 50% homosexuals, holding the 50% closet homosexuals constant.

Forgot Croissant's factor.

Also, enjoying video, it's quite funny.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
In all of my education classes at college almost all of the professors talked about bringing creativity back to the public school. Many of them feel that the schools focus way to much on standardized testing, and there is almost no focus on art and creativity.

That's just what I heard in my classes though. I'm sure someone like Mistress Ibanez, who is a teacher, will no more on the subject.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Dawginator
I find that some do. Law School in Uni certainly does. Which is why I'm transferring.

gayboy detected
Didn't watch the video, but during school I never liked books, hated maths and even though I enjoyed music, being at school made it horrible to write music.

Now I'm always reading books, have got better at maths and am writing my 2nd album.

School never once encouraged creativity and when it comes to cuts, usually its the creative courses that are out first (I'm UK based but I'd imagine it's the same elsewhere)
my school did a pretty good job of encouraging creativity with the arts and stuff, but not so much with other subjects even though it's just as important
cat
Everyone with half a brain that can think for there selves knows high school is utter bullshit.
I used to teach my history teacher things because all she knew about world war 2 was what the 2 page long section on it in the textbook said. I never thought I would hear a teacher say " Who's Nevile Chamberlin"?
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
I wouldn't go that far, but they do sometimes condition you to believe that just being a little different means you have some sort of mental illness.