Hey guys, I hope it's okay that I put this in the recording forum. I have been very fortunate to have been named as one of the top 17 prospects in the nation for an Artist Relations Internship with Shure. This is an absolute dream job of mine, and the connections that I would make could lead me down the path of lifelong happiness. If you guys could take 10 seconds out of your day to "like" the video on my page on Shure's website, it would mean the absolute world to me. Every little bit helps! Here is the link:

http://getthegig.shure.com/results/taylor-ward/

The "like" button is right under the video

Thanks UG'ers!
Liked it

However, playing on the concept that you got where you are with very little gear (therefore little money to spend on gear) isn't a great idea when you you're at university and appear to have a high quality camera.
Quote by AJScott
Liked it

However, playing on the concept that you got where you are with very little gear (therefore little money to spend on gear) isn't a great idea when you you're at university and appear to have a high quality camera.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. And it's not my camera. A friend helped me out. And there are many ways to manage to go to college. Besides, people have different oppinions on how much gear is a lot. For example, some people who I am competing against have full blown music studios (that look to be worth many many thousands). So part of that really is opinion based. I also base my life on priorities, and for me, paying to go to school to get a degree was much higher on my list than buying more musical equipment. The point of bringing up what I do have is crucial to my video because it shows that I really did have to come up with my own ways to make things sound alright, and this creativity is a huge part of my personality which I wish to share with the company.
Last edited by 4seampowerchord at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by SheKILaDZE
liked, but I fear this thread is going to get neglected here.

Thank you! It might...i'm not sure. I've been part of this site for a long time and hopefully people realize that its to help out a fellow recording threads guy?
Quote by 4seampowerchord
Thank you! It might...i'm not sure. I've been part of this site for a long time and hopefully people realize that its to help out a fellow recording threads guy?

I meant that most of the traffic on the forums goes to the pit. That's where you should open up a vote for me thread. Can be risky but seen as how in your case it's just pressing one like button, you'll get the support of UG.
An internship is not a "dream job." In fact no one is ever hiring for dream jobs because if you had something that was fun to do and paid a lot would you pay someone else to do it?

Of course not.

If you do get the internship then don't kiss too much ass. I advise keeping your mouth shut and your ears OPEN! (Advice I should take, but don't practically always to my own destruction...)

Good luck, but don't expect a "lifetime of happiness" without a lifetime of work and constant adjustment to change and loss. It won't come from a bunch of morons on the Internet "liking" some video...
Quote by Floss Ninja
An internship is not a "dream job." In fact no one is ever hiring for dream jobs because if you had something that was fun to do and paid a lot would you pay someone else to do it?

Of course not.

If you do get the internship then don't kiss too much ass. I advise keeping your mouth shut and your ears OPEN! (Advice I should take, but don't practically always to my own destruction...)

Good luck, but don't expect a "lifetime of happiness" without a lifetime of work and constant adjustment to change and loss. It won't come from a bunch of morons on the Internet "liking" some video...

You can have your opinions, but believe it or not, there are people out there who love what they do for a living. Expecting a lifetime of happiness from an internship is foolish, but the CONNECTIONS and CONTACTS I would make could ultimately put me in a good situation to possibly head down that road. About the "liking" thing, all I asked was for help. Because so many people have visited my page (I actually had 400 likes, but then they restarted all the videos back at 0), my name comes up when the internship is googled. Things like this are noticeable and can only help me. And about the ass kissing comment, I don't really know why you would think that I would...I guess that's all I have to say about that.

But if you did like the video, thank you. It is very much appreciated.
Last edited by 4seampowerchord at Mar 8, 2012,
that was definitely worth the click of a button. You've definitely got the passion for it. Good luck man
Quote by Acousticified J
that was definitely worth the click of a button. You've definitely got the passion for it. Good luck man

Thank you very much. Very nice of you.
Liked.

One of my kids liked it too, but I didn't realize that she was logged in until after I clicked "like." So... you got two here.

Good luck!

(shoulda shown yourself using a Shure mic in your video, though!!)

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Liked.

One of my kids liked it too, but I didn't realize that she was logged in until after I clicked "like." So... you got two here.

Good luck!

(shoulda shown yourself using a Shure mic in your video, though!!)

CT

Awesome! Appreciate it! and haha I wish i could...don't have one though :/ hopefully that changes soon...