Page 1 of 3
Prom day is getting closer and closer, and it's definetely something i'm not very comfortable about, do you have any tips/ thoughts/experiences you would like to share?
Should i take a girl with me? How close do i have to be to a girl to ask her to go to prom with me without being weird?
I'm 17 and there is this girl i really like, but she is kinda shy and we don't talk that much (so am i), she knows who i am, and we usually talk online and stuff, do you think i should ask her?
Yes. Ask her, wear a kilt, be awesome.

Also, proms are silly.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Prom is by far the most overrated event I have ever been a part of.
Ask a girl to prom. It'll make this boring annoyance of an event far more tolerable.
Not being sarcastic either. I'm dead serious.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was banned from my prom. And although I would've liked to see what all the hype was about, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss much. Besides, I'd rather go get obliterated. But, thats just me.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Yes. Ask her, wear a kilt, be awesome.

Also, proms are silly.

Yeah, that's my idea of proms, but i dont want to be that guy who is always saying how lame they are, and i kinda one try everything once before i die (within certain limits), so i'm not really gonna skip this one
Then follow the rest of my advice.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Ask a girl. It'll be more fun. I enjoyed my senior prom. Junior wasn't as good, but senior prom was pretty fun. Ask shy girl. Dress up nice.

Its like the one event in high school people go all out for, so do it.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I didn't actually go to my prom. Instead, I went to a friend's, drank, hit the after party, on the jager, got ****ing smashed, got a blowjob, drank, danced, drank, danced, drank, fell over a lot, drank and then wlked a mile to the bus stop the next morning.

Brutal.
Quote by eazy-c

I don't think I've ever laughed so much in the Pit.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Then follow the rest of my advice.

the kilt thing?
did you mean to the prom or when i ask her out?
Quote by ThrashIsWin
I didn't actually go to my prom. Instead, I went to a friend's, drank, hit the after party, on the jager, got ****ing smashed, got a blowjob, drank, danced, drank, danced, drank, fell over a lot, drank and then wlked a mile to the bus stop the next morning.

Brutal.

the thing is that's something you can do whenever you want, why on prom?
To the prom, and ask her to go with you to the prom.

Kilts are badass.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by PinealOptics
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was banned from my prom. And although I would've liked to see what all the hype was about, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss much. Besides, I'd rather go get obliterated. But, thats just me.

Ahaha what did you do?

At my prom, one of my friends got a picture of me when I went to school in corpse paint and black metal clothes (I did it just for shits and giggles one day) and put it in the fucking grad slideshow. =/
The entire hall got dead silent, except for my friends who were pissing themselves laughing. It was awkward as all hell.
Quote by Spud Spudly
Yes you should ask a girl. oy

But how close would i have to be to that girl without fearing sounding weird or awkward?
Quote by joaod94

Exactly.
Quote by AtaBorMan
To the prom, and ask her to go with you to the prom.

Kilts are badass.

That would be ****in hilarious, but i don't think i could find a kilt in my country
My formal's soon, what we call the prom in the UK, and I basically totally forgot and left it so late to ask someone they'd all been taken so Im just going solo. Tbh Im not really bothered since I'd rather just go to the afterparty. Plus i dont have to spend a fortune on limo's, corsages and another ticket.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I have an amazing idea: don't go :O
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Don't listen to anybody who says it's overrated. They're just bitter because they decided they were too cool to go and now regret it.

Just be forward and ask her. Even if she says no, go anyway. It's not the torturous thing many of the nerds around here say it is.
Quote by joaod94
That would be ****in hilarious, but i don't think i could find a kilt in my country

Oh, yes, you're in Portugal. I thought you were in the US.

Still, ask the shy girl you like. Hopefully it'll be great.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by joaod94

My point being the same as yours. It wasn't the actual prom, it was the party afterwards (which was the same as any other party), that was a great night.
Quote by eazy-c

I don't think I've ever laughed so much in the Pit.
Quote by stndrdprcdre
Don't listen to anybody who says it's overrated. They're just bitter because they decided they were too cool to go and now regret it.

Just be forward and ask her. Even if she says no, go anyway. It's not the torturous thing many of the nerds around here say it is.

I went. Twice. Still boring as shit. Not worth so much money. I only went the second time as a favor for a friend, and because most of my best friends are a year younger than me.

Yep. Don't we look cool for accusing now?
Talk to her face to face
Ask her for a coffee or drink or something
Go to the relationship thread

You don't have to have a date/gf
At my old school, the only event I went to with my gf was Leaver's Ball....
I wasn't fussed about other events...(I didn't even have a girlfriend for the Christmas dinner)
I was just looking to have a good time with my mates...whilst looking awesome/legendary

Prom-wise....
Get an awesome Suit/Tuxedo....depending on what the dress code is
Look awesome, clean up your face, do up your hair....
WEAR A WAISTCOAT!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
My formal's soon, what we call the prom in the UK, and I basically totally forgot and left it so late to ask someone they'd all been taken so Im just going solo. Tbh Im not really bothered since I'd rather just go to the afterparty. Plus i dont have to spend a fortune on limo's, corsages and another ticket.

Yeah, im from protugal and we call it "baile de finalistas" (?) it just seems like a crappy copy of the image of a perfect, pink, and american prom.
Quote by PinealOptics
Me and my girlfriend never went to class. And if we did, we were always either drunk, high, or both. And as always when hang out with my friend Mary Jane, shenanigans ensued. (Various male genitalia in sharpie around the school, baby oil down the hallway, etc.)

Good god, man.
Sounds like you had more fun than you would at the prom itself, so no prob.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Ahaha what did you do?

Me and my girlfriend never went to class. And if we did, we were always either drunk, high, or both. And as always when hang out with my friend Mary Jane, shenanigans ensued. (Various male genitalia in sharpie around the school, baby oil down the hallway, etc.)
I didn't go to mine, my girlfriend of the time did though. I watched Batman instead....Just to clarify we had only been going out for like a week before prom and it was too late for me to actually pay for it by the time we were together, which is why I didn't go. I'm still pretty sure watching Batman is a better way to spend time though....
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
im 17 too its my senior prom and im not going My girlfriends kind of pissed but i find no point in going if my friends arent going, they all graduated or dropped out im the only one left lol just ask her you still have time to ask other girls!
press ctrl + w
I don't know how I didn't get dragged there by my girlfriend junior year, and I had no one to go with/didn't want to go senior year. So, I never went. Do not regret it at all.

If you're gonna go, though, take a girl. If you're decent enough of friends or you flirt with each other, there's a good chance she'll say yes if she's not going with anyone and doesn't have a boyfriend. Like others have said, take the shy cute girl. They're the best ones.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Prom is by far the most overrated event I have ever been a part of.
Ask a girl to prom. It'll make this boring annoyance of an event far more tolerable.
Not being sarcastic either. I'm dead serious.

Listen to this man. It sounds kind of like you have a reasonable chance with the girl in question. If you get rejected, don't be too bothered, you have nothing to lose by trying.
My prom was truly terrible. I went with my girlfriend at the time and it was still bad. Terrible music, terrible people, and worst of all £5 for a ****ing pint so we couldn't even get hammered.
Quote by captainsnazz
Listen to this man. It sounds kind of like you have a reasonable chance with the girl in question. If you get rejected, don't be too bothered, you have nothing to lose by trying.
My prom was truly terrible. I went with my girlfriend at the time and it was still bad. Terrible music, terrible people, and worst of all £5 for a ****ing pint so we couldn't even get hammered.

£5 is the lowest I've seen a pint for in my city.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by captainsnazz

if i go, i'm definetely sneaking some bottles, there wont even be alcohol in mine.
Quote by captainsnazz

We always see eye to eye, my fellow bass player

Yeah and the food wasn't that great either. Your usual banquet hall chicken that's rubbery with sauce that may as well not even be sauce. I have to admit, the veggies were fucking godly (can't say no to asparagus), but that's not worth an expensive ticket and the horrible music and the intolerable noise and the limitations since you're being patrolled by teachers everywhere and the crying and the drama and the stupid speeches and the overall underwhelming experience.

I have to say though, the fact that asparagus makes ones piss smell kind of gives it a point or two, though, so I guess prom was barely worth it. Twice.
I didn't go to my prom, I was at Download instead
I went the previous year though because my girlfriend asked me. You just have to be friends with the person you ask, although that might be different in places other than the UK

Definitely wear a kilt, or a black suit with white shoes
Don't make a big deal out of it. Just ask any random girl , it's not like its a date or anything.
I'm not sure if I'm going. I don't have a date, and all my friends are a year younger than me. Plus if I ask the one girl I was thinking about she wouldn't even want to go to prom party with me.
Quote by joaod94
Prom day is getting closer and closer, and it's definetely something i'm not very comfortable about, do you have any tips/ thoughts/experiences you would like to share?
Should i take a girl with me? How close do i have to be to a girl to ask her to go to prom with me without being weird?
I'm 17 and there is this girl i really like, but she is kinda shy and we don't talk that much (so am i), she knows who i am, and we usually talk online and stuff, do you think i should ask her?

Do it, but do something really cheesey, for the most part they love that.

The year of my prom everyone was going crazy about how they were gonna ask ppl to prom. After all it is your promposal
I have lots of tips and advice... none of which pertains to prom. Sorry.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Page 1 of 3