So I have a 2x12 that im putting marshall g12 vintage speakers(v30's) in but i dont know how to wire it, both speakers are 16 ohms btw. I was just going to use the input jacks from a 1960v cab is there anyway i can do that? or would i have to get a complete new input for this? i was thinking maybe like wire it like the left side of a 4x12 would be and connect it to the switch and run it as if i was using only one side of the 4x12 but idk if it would be the right ohms which should be 8 if i do it like that i think. Is there a better way to do it with the input jack i have?
Wire them in parallel so you will have a 8ohm load. If you wire speakers in parallel the resistance of the speakers decreases, the opposite if you wire them in series. I you have 4 speakers you can wire 2 in parallel and the other two in series (is this what you guys call X pattern?)

Example:

Speaker A 8ohms in series with speaker B 8ohms = 16ohms of total load

Speaker A 8ohms in parallel with speaker B 8ohms = 4ohms of total load

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 8, 2012,
+1

If the 4x12 is wired in Series/Parallel then yes, one side of it should be wired for just those two speakers and as mentioned....run at 8 ohms (because they would be in parallel). Can you tell us exactly what the jack options are on the plate? Also, unless you want to put all 4 speakers in it some day - you may want to consider hard wiring it without that mono/switch (PCB) in there.

Additionally, wont' you have 2 empty holes if you only put in 2? Not sure how that will sound. Might be kinda woofy.
the options are 8 ohms for either the right of left side or 16ohms all 4 speakers of 4 ohms all 4 speakers .