Hey,I want to learn Peace Sells by Megadeth and I've been playing a year and a bit, could you possibly give me some pointers about building up speed for techniques seen in the song, thanks
yes.

play it slowly, and focus on your technique. if you can't play it slow, you'll never play it fast.

...that's really it.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
yes.

play it slowly, and focus on your technique. if you can't play it slow, you'll never play it fast.

...that's really it.

Thanks
Quote by AeolianWolf
yes.

...that's really it.

If you cant play it slow, you may be able to play it fast but you will sound shit.
If you've only been playing a year, I wouldn't learn something as advanced as Megadeth - or if you do, I would find a guitar teacher who can create a simplified arrangement for you based on your technical level. Don't expect to be able to play advanced material when you are only a beginner. Take it slow.
Work at it with a metronome. Start at a speed that you can comfortably play it perfectly and then increase the speed by a couple bpm. Then rinse and repeat. I like to play it at least 5 times in a row perfectly before increasing the bpm. But, Megadeth may be a bit too advanced for you. You can still attempt it, but just know that they have some pretty difficult stuff. So if you can't do it, don't get discouraged.

And don't bump threads, especially after 14 minutes. You're not the only person looking for help. We'll get to it when we get to it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Everything the others have said. Peace Sells is probably a bit over your head at this point

Try something easier by Megadeth. Coming from a kid who started playing thrash metal, try out Symfony of Destruction and the solo to Enter Sandman is pretty easy.

I recommend using something like Guitar Pro or even a free alternative like Tuxguitar or Power Tab, and just start slow and work your way up tempo.
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster w/ Floyd Rose
Vox Valvetronix 40+
I like to play it at least 5 times in a row perfectly before increasing the bpm.
Quote by AeolianWolf
yes.

...that's really it.
+1
In most of the "Can I play this solo?" threads this is the answer. Practice
Quote by Metal-pro
+1
In most of the "Can I play this solo?" threads this is the answer. Practice

That's pretty much the answer to every question asked here.
Quote by J_W
That's pretty much the answer to every question asked here.
Excactly.
Broderick says that he plays it slowly when he practices to get the rhythm down, and then you just speed it up and it comes naturally. If that helps. I don't know much about soloing, I only write solos and play rhythm.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Personally, I dont know how often you play or how qucikly you have progressed...but I've found that most beginners that have only played a year or so should be working on their technique more than anything.

With that being said....slow...slow....slow. It may be a little out of your reach now, but the best bet is to get down the technique involved instead of just trying to speed through it just to learn it. Learn to play it cleanly, with accurate neds and at the right speed. Dont rush, it will take a while to play it right.
Well......I have big balls.