i just had my ibanez rg370dx shipped to me. What i want to know is when setting up the guitar will i need to adjust the intonation or are the saddles already adjusted for intonation and i just need to get the bridge parallel? i heard that intonation is also affected by the angle of the bridge is this true?
A full setup entails 4 main things.

Neck relief

Action

Intonation

Balancing the floyd.

Setting your intonation is just part and parcel of the setup, so yes, you may have to adjust it.

And to answer your question, yes. If the floyd is dived forwards or pulled backwards, the saddles are moved to or away from the bridge accordingly, affecting the intonation.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A full setup entails 4 main things.

Neck relief

Action

Intonation

Balancing the floyd.

Setting your intonation is just part and parcel of the setup, so yes, you may have to adjust it.

And to answer your question, yes. If the floyd is dived forwards or pulled backwards, the saddles are moved to or away from the bridge accordingly, affecting the intonation.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

...the floyd is dived forwards or pulled backwards..

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

dived

Lol. Anyway, he's right. If you're unsure of how to do a setup on a floyd, it'd probably be best to have a friend or tech walk you through the process. It can be time consuming at first.