Hey guys

Got my Marshall DSL, which is not as cool as I thought it was, I got it second hand so it was dirt cheap but I really want something better. I've never played a Dual Rec and there aren't any stores near me that sell them so I'm gonna have to travel to get one.

Has anyone played them, what are peoples general feelings about them?

From what I hear from youtube clips they sound pretty damn tasty, my only issue is the head being £2000 and the matching cab up to £900, but I suppose I don't have to use the Mesa cab.
its cheaper getting an axe fx, power amp and cab. almost as good too
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
its cheaper getting an axe fx, power amp and cab. almost as good too

Nah, no use for me. I'm gigging regularly, definately need at minimum a 2x12 with it.
many artists use it for gigging, you could get a 4x12 if you wanted, a used axe fx ultra and a power amp for £2000 easily
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Live though, I'd much prefer to look the part and not be using that, would rather have the amp.
get cut outs, tape on led's and youre sorted. honestly, its really versatile, and it responds to the volume control like a tube amp. its a win win situation
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
As good as the Axe FX is, it still does not get that sound. I sugest yhe TS take a road trip and play a dual if thats what he thinks he wants. Nothing but a Mesa will sound like a Mesa, even I have come to grips with that.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get a used Recto and maybe a different cab, like a Marshall with V30s, those can probably be had for pretty cheap. Or maybe a (black) Orange cab if you can find one.

I kind of doubt that you can get an Axe-FX setup for that price.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
This thread is totally useless without knowing what you like, what kind of tones you want. The DSL is a perfectly good amp - the issue is most likely that you got an amp not suited to what you want to play.

So.....

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
im selling a used Dual Recto (the better 2 channel version) for £850, so its significantly cheaper to buy a Mesa used. add a Marshall 1936V 2x12 with Vintage 30s in it for about £350 and thats a mesa rig for £1200.

sorted with £800 to spare
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
That sounds like a pretty good deal, I'll check out used. But it would not look cool live using axe fx, i'd certainly think it was a bit of a cheat tbh. Nothing beats physically have the amp and i'd pay extra for it.

The tones, well. I love Tremonti, I think he's got a great tone and I know he uses one. They're cleans are great too. I'm looking for real nice cleans and full on hard rock distortion, not too fussed about inbetween like a classic rock sound.
dont get a recto if you want nice cleans....

if you NEED good cleans get a Mark V tbh, or the Roadster but not the normal Rectos they dont cut it compared to the other two i mentioned.

but if you dont you are more than welcome to buy my 2 channel Recto off me

Tremonti uses an Uberschall and a Triple Recto in stereo im pretty sure, at least live he does
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
dont get a recto if you want nice cleans....

if you NEED good cleans get a Mark V tbh, or the Roadster but not the normal Rectos they dont cut it compared to the other two i mentioned.

but if you dont you are more than welcome to buy my 2 channel Recto off me

Tremonti uses an Uberschall and a Triple Recto in stereo im pretty sure, at least live he does

If you haven't sold in a few weeks/months when I've saved it up from not spending anything, I may just do that sir
Quote by AJScott
If you haven't sold in a few weeks/months when I've saved it up from not spending anything, I may just do that sir

just hit me up with a PM if you're interested mate
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by AJScott
That sounds like a pretty good deal, I'll check out used. But it would not look cool live using axe fx, i'd certainly think it was a bit of a cheat tbh. Nothing beats physically have the amp and i'd pay extra for it.

The tones, well. I love Tremonti, I think he's got a great tone and I know he uses one. They're cleans are great too. I'm looking for real nice cleans and full on hard rock distortion, not too fussed about inbetween like a classic rock sound.

I'm confused. What does having an Axe FX rig have to do with not having a physical amp? You can get a power amp and plug it into a cab just like any other setup...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
why was the axe even mentioned?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I would suggest saving up for a Mesa Roadster.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by AJScott

Then try the Mesa Royal Atlantic, arguably the best cleans and classic rock tones the company has to offer. Plus the definition on high gain is better than recto's. You will not find it at the same price though...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Offworld92
I would suggest saving up for a Mesa Roadster.

This.

If ts is gonna be dropping 2k on a new recto, roadster is #1 on my list.

That is knly if he needs the headroom. Otherwise mini rec for sure.
Whoever says Dual Rec cleans suck has obviously never heard a newer Dual Rec.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
^ +1

2 channel dual recs, Rev F and G (the most common ones) had pretty good cleans.

Then 3ch pre 2010 had ok but fully useable cleans.

And 3ch post 2010 and the mini rec all have GREAT cleans

With any of these though you wont have problems with cleans, much better than any 6505+ cleans its just to the degree of how good do you want
^ I haven't tried the new ones yet, but I'd probably prefer the 6505+ cleans over the previous two versions. None are anything to write home about with most setups, but I used to get some fantastic clean tones out of my 6505+ and PRS
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm confused. What does having an Axe FX rig have to do with not having a physical amp? You can get a power amp and plug it into a cab just like any other setup...

it doesn't "look cool" enough for him apparently. idk, im from a different train of thought i guess.....you could paint my bogner pink and purple and it wouldnt matter to me as long as it sounded the same....but thats just me i guess.
Quote by MatrixClaw
^ I haven't tried the new ones yet, but I'd probably prefer the 6505+ cleans over the previous two versions. None are anything to write home about with most setups, but I used to get some fantastic clean tones out of my 6505+ and PRS

Really? Cuz my 6534+ and my Prs get ok cleans but theyre overly bright and somewhat brittle. Theyre very dynamic which is nice though.

I can say for the mini rec for sure that its cleans slaughter compared to my amp. And the older 3ch I recall liking the cleans better on but so far the mini rec is my #1