Page 1 of 3
...to prevent abortions in Arizona.

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2012/03/06/senate-approves-bill-on-wrongful-births/

Im disgusted at this states government. I want to have a kid in the near future and if something goes awry with the pregnancy I could lose my partner in the process and never know that an abortion could have prevented it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I can only hope that all this nonsense is the death throes of that generation.

Once they all are dead, I feel like things will be much better.
they'd better abort this.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
That's actually fucked up.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Dirge Humani

Im sure they have indoctrinated their children mate.
Arizona is such a shit state. Everyone tells me I should go there to find work, to hell with that idea.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
that's sooooo fucked.

It's obviously a very serious matter, I'm just laughing at the ludiocrity (now a word) of the situation.
Quote by Dirge Humani

This.

Old people always ruin things with their 1930's way of thinking.

When will us young people vote!?
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Every time I dare to think it couldn't get any stupider, Arizona finds a way to lower the bar.
I really don't understand humans.
This is away from the abortion thing, but we TREASURE children that are born with problems (missing limbs, defective organs, underdeveloped brains) and baby them into the world.

I can't think of another species in the world that gives special treatment to defective kin. They get the same treatment and if they survive, then good. But natural selection says that they should die because they have defective genes that, as a species, would not want passed on.

That being said, if there is a prenatal complication that could threaten the life of the mother and hinder the quality of life for the child, the parents should be notified and be given proper notice if possible so they can decide if they want to keep the baby or not.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Arizona is such a shit state. Everyone tells me I should go there to find work, to hell with that idea.

"The easier a state is to draw, the harder it is to live there"
-Dimitri Martin
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by King Of Suede
I can't think of another species in the world that gives special treatment to defective kin. They get the same treatment and if they survive, then good. But natural selection says that they should die because they have defective genes that as a species, would not want passed on.

Natural selection is a phenomenom, not a rule.

Saying that we shouldn't give 'defective kin' special treatment because of natural selection is like saying we shouldn't fly planes because of gravity.

Last edited by the bartender at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
-Dimitri Martin

I like New Mexico.
Quote by Lord_Doku
How about this.

Move to the much superior continent of Europe.

Err, there are places in Europe where Abortion is completely illegal...
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by the bartender
Natural selection is a phenomenom, not a rule.
Saying that we shouldn't give 'defective kin' special treatment because of natural selection is like saying we shouldn't fly planes because of gravity

The tenancy of natural selection would lead one to presume that if something has been born with defects, it would die before it gets the chance to pass on it's defective genes?

And no, it's like saying "Well if we can fly planes with 2 wings, we should fly planes with wings that when it takes off, one of the wings falls off, 1 of the 2 remaining engines fails and all the in-fight movie screens don't work."
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by King Of Suede
This is away from the abortion thing, but we TREASURE children that are born with problems (missing limbs, defective organs, underdeveloped brains) and baby them into the world.

I can't think of another species in the world that gives special treatment to defective kin. They get the same treatment and if they survive, then good. But natural selection says that they should die because they have defective genes that, as a species, would not want passed on.

That's ****ing stupid.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by King Of Suede
The tenancy of natural selection would lead one to presume that if something has been born with defects, it would die before it gets the chance to pass on it's defective genes?

Defective genes, from the point of view of evolution, are simply ones which are bad at getting themselves passed on.
Of course, stuff like Down's Syndrome is generally not hereditary anyway, it's the result of a mistake during meiosis. Hereditary stuff like Huntington's isn't selected out because it does not effect reproductive success enough (the symptoms don't show up until after reproductive age)
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by WCPhils
That's ****ing stupid.

Part of the problem, I'd say
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede

It depends on the kind of defect, but yes, it would have a lower chance to reproduce. I'm not trying to disprove natural selection here. You are using natural selection as some sort of rule that we should follow, because that's the 'way it's supposed to be', which is bullshit.

I'm saying what practical purpose does someone who has half a brain, one arm, 15% hearing, and a learning disability serve that the other 97% of the population can't do better?
Other than "inspiring" others and saying "Hello, welcome to Wal-Mart," I guess.
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by the bartender
It depends on the kind of defect, but yes, it would have a lower chance to reproduce. I'm not trying to disprove natural selection here. You are using natural selection as some sort of rule that we should follow, because that's the 'way it's supposed to be', which is bullshit.
this.

To say, "oh other animals don't like offspring with genetic problems so why should we" is not just wrong, it's offensive.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
To who? The animals? ffs.
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede
I'm saying what practical purpose does someone who has half a brain, one arm, 15% hearing, and a learning disability serve that the other 97% of the population can't do better?

This is Christy Brown, Irish Author, Artist, Poet, and cerebral palsy sufferer. He accomplished far more than you ever will.

This is the concept of Neurodiversity, you need to understand it better.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by King Of Suede
To who? The animals? ffs.

I find it offensive. "Oh you were born with a defect, well we don't want you then."

My sister has some genetic problems. When she was first born doctors didn't know if she would ever walk or talk, now she is perfectly fine besides for being a little behind in school. So yes, I find your line of thinking offensive.
___

Quote by The_Blode
And Michael J Fox was the camera man for the Die Hard movies.
There are always exceptions to the rule.

Quote by WCPhils
I find it offensive. "Oh you were born with a defect, well we don't want you then."

My sister had some genetic problems. When she was first born doctors didn't know if she would ever walk or talk, now she id perfectly fine besides for being a little behind in school. So yes, I find your line of thinking offensive.

So you are biased. Here's a dollar.
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede

People have more value than just a 'practical purpose'. You're a dick.

Quote by King Of Suede

You don't understand the phrase "the exception that proves the rule", if there are simple exceptions to a rule it actually means that the rule does not apply.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by King Of Suede

So you are biased. Here's a dollar.

What's your great, meaningful, astounding value to society?

I am truly interested in knowing because all I'm seeing right now is a fucking cunt who couldn't reason himself out of a shit saturated paper bag.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by King Of Suede

That being said, if there is a prenatal complication that could threaten the life of the mother and hinder the quality of life for the child, the parents should be notified and be given proper notice if possible so they can decide if they want to keep the baby or not.

Care to elaborate on the point of this post?

And I think you are misunderstanding natural selection. NS doesn't necessarily mean less fit individuals die, it means that individuals with certain traits are less likely to pass on their genetic material.

And humans do many things other species do not, including post on internet forums. It doesn't mean posting on an internet forum is wrong. Just as loving a child, despite their disabilities, is not wrong.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Ur all $h1t
-Dimitri Martin

I like that theory

to be on topic, thats heinous. americas pretty ****ed
Quote by WCPhils
What's your great, meaningful, astounding value to society?

Not sure yet. Can you tell me yours?
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
This is so sad. Does the survival of the parent not matter at all?

No, because they've already lived a full life. Make way for the children. Do it for the CHILDREN
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede
Not sure yet. Can you tell me yours?

Never said I had much of one, but I'm not the one saying who should get to live based on how much they can contribute to the world.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Care to elaborate on the point of this post?

And I think you are misunderstanding natural selection. NS doesn't necessarily mean less fit individuals die, it means that individuals with certain traits are less likely to pass on their genetic material.

In fact, as we've come to understand more recently, it doesn't even mean that. It means that Genes that are less good at getting themselves replicated will die out in a population. The level of selection is the gene, a gene will be successful in evolution even if it weakens the individual provided it is good at getting itself passed on.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by WCPhils
Never said I had much of one, but I'm not the one saying who should get to live based on how much they can contribute to the world.

By asking what my purpose was means you submitted to my way of thinking, therefore I figured you knew yours.
Quote by Banjocal
Page 1 of 3