Hey guys,

I have a Blues Jr, which has a gain knob and a volume knob.
I am trying to get the cleanest sound possible at bedroom level.

I have my gain at the lowest possible (0.9/12) and the volume on 12/12, and my guitar volume on 2/12.

Am I doing it right ?
Aren't I losing tone quality and dynamic by turning the guitar so low? Is it best to always leave the gutar on max?
Last edited by alans056 at Mar 8, 2012,
well that's the basic idea. I always leave mine on max because i don't want a totally clean tone. If you do that you still might get some dirt because your master volume is wide open
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
yeah you're doing it right. or at least one possible way of doing it right.

if your guitar doesn't have a treble bleed cap on the volume you're probably losing highs, though. for the most sparkly clean tone i'd have the guitar controls up full and then set the amp based on that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the thing is it's impossible to dial a bedroom level on the blues jr with that technique.. it's either silent or SUPER LOUD!
turn the volume on the amp to about half.

then turn the guitar volume up and then turn up the gain until its the right volume.

you don't need that much signal going to your power tubes.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
that too

guitar controls on full

keep preamp gain/volume low

increase master until you can hear it

sorted
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?