So basically I bought a replacement Low Pro Licensed Floyd Rose to replace the one on my Jackson WRXT. Now here's my problem: The fine tuners are in the way for me to tighten the blocks to lock the strings, and the only way around it is to completely remove the saddle, tighten the block over the string, then put the saddle back on [meaning I'd have to intonate it every time I restring]. The only possible solution I can think of is to find an Allen Wrench that's shorter to fit without hitting the fine tuners. Has anybody else ever experienced a problem like this?

This is a link to the floyd I bought, it's a cheapy but I was on a serious budget:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280814813500&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
You'd have to have the fine tuners all the way up to have it interfere unless you have a short ass alan wrench.

I have the same trem on my soloist MIJ. You want the fine tuners around half way, not fully up. Turn them shits down. You want to be able to fine tune up or down when the nuts locked.
Well that's just it, no matter what position I have the fine tuners in, I can't get access to the screws. I guess the short allen wrench is the only way to go...now to figure out where to get one or how to cut the one's I have

Quote by Homer Simpson
Just took some bolt cutters to it, worked like a charm...still can't believe they'd sell them and include an allen wrench that doesn't even fit lol

Quote by Homer Simpson
Quote by darkwolf291
You should intonate a couple of days after restring anyway...

Well with the Licensed Jackson Floyd I intonated it about 4 times over the past 4 years. Never really had an issue otherwise.

Quote by Homer Simpson
Quote by R45VT
^ yeah if he wanted to strip them!

Nah the ball headed keys are really good for odd angles, well made ones anyway. I've used them on some fairly tight bolts on my car engine.

OP I can't understand how you can't get to the locking screws though, that's identical to the decent floyd on the sl3 and it's no problem. As aid though just cut the allen key or get the ball ended one. or use the shorter end lol.
I hear you on that but as many times as he will change the strings I would stay away from the ball end hex. Even snap-on will mar up the bolts. I have the same trem on one of mine. It wouldn't last more then a year.

Quote by Twidler
Nah the ball headed keys are really good for odd angles, well made ones anyway. I've used them on some fairly tight bolts on my car engine.

OP I can't understand how you can't get to the locking screws though, that's identical to the decent floyd on the sl3 and it's no problem. As aid though just cut the allen key or get the ball ended one. or use the shorter end lol.