I've got an Ibanez Apex 2 and it doesn't have any fret dots - to make playing easier is there any way of having them stuck on as paying someone to have them inlayed may cost a lot more...

They make stick on ones. They're basically decals for your fretboard. I've never used them, but if you've gotta have something and don't want to shell out a lot of cash they're probably a decent option.
Stickers
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Inlaystickers.com

Work great. I've used them.

+1 to this, my guitar currently has them on.
Holy shit now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!! Thanks .

My only concern would be that they start slowly shifting about about over time with a lot of playing - anyone experienced anything like that?
Last edited by Chargrill3d at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by Chargrill3d
Holy shit now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!! Thanks .

My only concern would be that they start slowly shifting about about over time with a lot of playing - anyone experienced anything like that?

No man. Ive tried all I could to mess them up. Pretty damn good product. Easily removed too, no mess. I had the birds on an explorer.
Use the side-dots

You shouldn't be staring at the fretboard when you play anyways. And you can't even see it when you're playing standing up.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Use the side-dots

You shouldn't be staring at the fretboard when you play anyways. And you can't even see it when you're playing standing up.

This it will still have fret markers on the top of the finger board.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
If you need fretboard inlays to make playing easier then you're playing guitar wrong, to be blunt about it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Flux'D
Use the side-dots

Quote by MrFlibble
If you need fretboard inlays to make playing easier then you're playing guitar wrong, to be blunt about it.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by MrFlibble

this.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb