I just got a Fender Blues Deluxe reissue. I really like it, however there are a few gripes I have that I would like to remedy. I know mods are pretty common for this amp, so hopefully enough of you have experience and can help me out.

In order of importance:

1. The high end is way too harsh and brittle on the drive channel. It sounds great when I put an OD pedal in front of it, but I would much rather have a good base overdrive sound to work off. Can this be solved with just a preamp tube swap or does it require other components to be switched out?

2. The low end is too boomy on the clean channel, especially when I play on the neck pickup (I have a Strat). Is this just tubes or resistors/pots/etc.?

3. I would love to add more headroom. The amp is already plenty loud, but more headroom is always a plus. After all, it has an OD channel, so why would I want overdrive on my clean channel when there's already a channel for that purpose? Again, tubes or other stuff?

4. I'm not a huge fan of the linear taper pots on the volume controls.

I know Fromel has an entire kit for these same problems here. Has anyone tried it? Are the parts good?

I know Fargen is well-respected around here. Do they do stuff with a Blues Deluxe?

Thanks in advance ,
Luke

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
The amp is already plenty loud, but more headroom is always a plus. After all, it has an OD channel, so why would I want overdrive on my clean channel when there's already a channel for that purpose?

I have a Super Sonic 1x12 60 watt. Epic distortion channel (imo) but I still love to drive the shit out of the clean channel with my pedals. Each different combo is different and can be used for different things.

You call it an OD Channel.
I call it Distortion Channel.
Some call it the lead channel.
I use what seems to fit what I am playing.

My TS+Bassman channel sounds like the SRV tone.
My TS+ The Burn Channel (the distortion channel on my amp) gets the Van Halen Brown Tone.
My Vibrolux Channel with no pedals makes my strat sound teleish.