Hey everyone,

So my recording setup is as follows:

Acoustic/Electric --> Line 6 Toneport UX2 --> Line 6 Gearbox --> Garageband --> Macbook Pro

I've been recording with my Laguna Acoustic/Electric, but I've been having a problem: My low E, A and D strings are noticeably louder than my higher three strings while recording. If I strum while recording, the low strings completely overpower the higher strings, and you can only hear the low strings. They make the higher strings sound so feint that it's like they're not even being played.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can record so all of the strings sound evenly at the same volume? This is putting a huge damper on my recording, and is really stopping it altogether.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Couldnt you equalize your guitar so the lower frequencies are lowered while the higher are more pronounced?
Now I'm not a noob to recording but could you explain how to do both of those?
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Its actually quite common with acoustics (even higher end ones) when you go direct. You're going to get a lot more of the low end frequencies. You can try EQing out everything below 150hz but its honestly better to record acoustics with a good condenser.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp