Can anyone identify this 60s teisco? Im pretty sure it is a teisco but the possibility of something different always remains. It is Made in Japan

Also about how much is this guitar worth?
Attachments:
IMG_7535.jpg
IMG_7071.jpg
Last edited by daneboyzzz at Mar 8, 2012,
Based on the pickups and headstock alone youve got a Teisco. Model, no idea. Value, a mystery.
cheers betch
Quote by j.pagejr.
Based on the pickups and headstock alone youve got a Teisco. Model, no idea. Value, a mystery.

Thanks for that much
What would you guess is worth more, this teisco or a 60s Vox Tornado hollowbody in decent condition
looks like a teisco but ive never seen one with a gold finish so that might be someones own addition to it. I could be wrong though.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
It's definitely of the Teisco family from the headstock design. These include Teisco (duh), Silvertone, Dan Electro, and a few other names. They were all built under the same roof in the same room, the only difference was the company that placed an order for some guitars

I haven't seen a gold one before, very interesting. And based on the hardware it doesn't look like one of the cheap super-budget models. After a good cleanup and the electronics gone through, AND assuming the frets/neck are in good shape, I'd say its worth around $150 to the right person. If it had the original case it'd be upped another $50 or so. Another $200 if it were one of the uber-cool Silvertone speaker cases.

Those could be DeArmond pickups in that too btw. If so.. each one is worth more than the entire guitar. Just a heads-up
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Mar 9, 2012,
Del Ray, I believe. My dad had one as his first guitar. Not worth a bucket-load, but not anything to sneeze at either. I'd play it if I were you, mess around with it. See if you like the sound. Good for funk and surf.