I don't know where to begin but...I need help...I have a friend and she tells me that she wants to commit suicide for quite some time. I have tried reaching out to her and she won't respond to my pleas at all. I have tried to contact her couple of friends that she has left (she's in Australia, I'm in the U.S.) and I can't. She won't give me anything. What should I do pit? She has a timetable and everything..I'm scared for her.
Last edited by LedZepFan2000 at Mar 9, 2012,
Quote by LedZepFan2000
I don't know where to begin but...I need help...I have a friend and she tells me that she wants to commit suicide for quite some time. I have tried reaching out to her and she won't respond to my pleas at all. I have tried to contact her couple of friends that she has left (she's in Australia, I'm in the U.S.) and I can't. She won't give me anything. What should I do pit? She has a timetable and everything..I'm scared for her.

Don't ask the pit....

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Mar 9, 2012,
It's a 100% certainty that she's bullshitting. Call her bluff. Even if she goes through with it, what's one less Australian in the world eh? Think of it like that champ, have a biscuit and it'll all feel better.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Now, to begin with, that is a very VERY serious subject. Why ask the pit of all places? Why not your parents or your friends or the authorities or someone?

Anyways, my advice:

Contact either yours or the Australian police or suicide prevention services. Get them to do something, or get their advice on what to do.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Are there any organisations like Befrienders International or the Samaritans in her area that you could contact with her details?
Are there any organisations like Befrienders International or the Samaritans in her area that you could contact with her details?

never heard of those...I could try that
Quote by Ed Hunter
It's a 100% certainty that she's bullshitting. Call her bluff. Even if she goes through with it, what's one less Australian in the world eh? Think of it like that champ, have a biscuit and it'll all feel better.

Read in Mike Reid's voice...
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Which Mike Reid?

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by slash_GNR666
Read in Mike Reid's voice...

Now read it in Gianna Michaels' voice.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by RGallagherFan
Contact either yours or the Australian police or suicide prevention services. Get them to do something, or get their advice on what to do.

This.

It's too big of an issue for you to take on by yourself. Be with her every step of the way while she goes through the embarrassment. If that one friend of mine wouldn't have called the cops on me when I threatened, who knows if I would still be alive right now. Good luck.
People need to stop being so pro-life.

If I were you, I would just talk to her about it and help her see for herself if she really wants to be alive or not. Sometimes life really isn't worth living, even if you do have all your arms and legs intact. That said, a decision like this shouldn't be taken lightly. Most people just say things like that for some kind of attention, even though in their mind they are completely serious.

It could be more than some minor bout of depression though, and believe me- nobody deserves to be forced to put up with that kind of suffering simply because others don't understand them or have some stupid predisposition to believing all life is inherently good. There is a very good chance that suicide isn't the answer here, but don't pull the stunned psychologist card and blindly encourage her to keep going without truly understanding what she is dealing with. If you talk to her objectively and keep an open mind, she'll most certainly respect you more for it.

If we don't have a choice about whether or not we are actually born, we should at least be able to choose to end it and have people understand and support that position- as long as that decision is made VERY carefully. In the end, I don't think anyone is more qualified to make that decision than the person contemplating suicide.

You could argue that some kind of mental illness would make someone incapable of making the "best" decision, but honestly such a debate is WAY out of the scope of this post; I only know that there are many people out there who are actually better off dying sooner rather than later.

Simply put, some people really don't enjoy life and it is wrong to prolong their suffering simply because the people around them don't want to deal with them dying. Everyone dies eventually anyway, I don't see why people always seem to be in denial about it.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the part where you said that you couldn't contact her. Like others have said, I guess you could call the cops where she lives and that would start some kind of "intervention" of sorts. Sounds like the most helpful thing you can do IMO.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Last edited by JimDawson at Mar 9, 2012,
Quote by LedZepFan2000

shes just an attention *****
Quote by dazed60
shes just an attention *****

Are you the one, who sees beyond the internet?!
Quote by Ed Hunter

**** you.
One less fat american would make everyone way happier
Quote by T7E
**** you.

Problem, dominion?

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by T7E
**** you.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by -Mantra-
There are forums for this subject and you decide to ask the pit?

this made me nauseous after staring at it for quite ssome time