First of all, let me apologize for the shitty Ipod photos as my camera refuses to cooperate.

Ooh, shiny new thing!

Yeah, that's definitely a bass.

Why have I not taken that off yet?

Now that's just giving it away.

Stingray!

Or more accurately, a Ray34. An actual Stingray goes for around $3500 here.
Pr0nz!

The neck actually has a surprising amount of figuring.

Does anyone know what the two stud-type things on the sides of the bridge do? The salesman was as confused as I was.

Also, Sterling certainly know how to make a gig bag - this thing has more padding than *insert fat joke here*.

Review time!

This thing plays beautifully and sounds amazing. The 3 band EQ lets me dial in pretty much any sound I'm looking for, from smooth bluesy tones to more aggressive thrash/metal tones. What can I say? It's a ****ing Stingray and Stingrays are awesome. Go buy one. Now. Do it. I can wait.
Happy NBD Sir!! Tis a most sexy beast
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
That's a pretty fine bass you've got there. Love a good color scheme.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
Nice. Must be the season for new basses; I hope we see a ton of other NBD threads here to liven things up. Do you have the means to get any clips up?

yay! we want clips! or at least some mp3 recordings!

Enjoy your new bass!!

I don't like it's look very much... But if it plays well, and sounds good enough, taht's all that matters!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Thanks guys - I'll see what I can do about some clips tomorrow afternoon, assuming my recording setup wants to cooperate for once.
Very nice! I've been looking at these myself.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
My Bongo 6 has the same Studs on the sides, I can only assume it's so the saddles don't move. Congrats on the Sterling though! They're beast instruments!
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

DREAM THEATER

THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT

SEVENTH WONDER

MUSICMAN BONGO 6HH
EBS REIDMAR

YOUTUBE
TWITTER
TUMBLR
The large studs on either side of the bridge are just bolts holding the bridge to the body. Earlier MM bridges did not have the extra screws near the baseplate. they had only the two anchoring bolts.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley