To anyone who has itunes, have you ever used the 'sound enhancer' option?
If you want to find it, just go to Edit>Preferences>Playback, and it should be there.

It makes songs sound much better, IMO. It also helps to have higher quality recordings possibly in Wav form or something.

I'm still not sure how it works though. If anyone has any idea please tell me.

Also, as a little question, are there any decent media players (preferably free) that are good to use if you want very high quality playback sound?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I just use Winamp instead.

Although I've heard the best sound quality is from foobar2000 if you get the right plugin. It plays everything bit-perfect. I really should give it a shot, since you can get it to work with Last.fm.
I think I'd say that it doesn't make a song 'better', but it definitely lets you hear a different side to the song.

One thing I like about it is that it lets me hear the instruments better. You can really hear the organ on Yes's 'Roundabout' as well as the guitar.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I make my songs sound better by taking LSD.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
It's probably just an exciter, then. Like the Aphex Aural Exciter, or the better-known (at least in these days) BBE Sonic Maximizer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exciter_(effect)

They're quite good to use to add a bit of sheen to a mix when you're mixing a track. I'm usually against the usage of effects to change the original mix's sound when you're playing back a track, though.

EDIT: Ha, I'm right; it's just an exciter, basically.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Mar 9, 2012,
Thing is, at least with a lot of modern masters, this will have already been done to the track, so adding it again with your listening software is overkill.
I don't mess with those kinds of things at all. They're basically altering the imaging and eq in an artificial way, and ruin the intended mix.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana