Just a quick question. I got a good deal on a boss me25 and jumped on it. I've always been a stompbox pedalboard guy but i know someone who can't live without his me50.

Anyway, those of you who use these effects processors do you have them inline or in an effects loop? And if you are using a separate wah, where do you have that? Processor in effects loop and wah inline with guitar? wah before processor both inline?

Thanks in advance. I'm just trying to find out how other people are set up with good results before I experiment.
4 cable method. That is all.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Care to elaborate? That was about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop
Last edited by M0T0RBREATH at Mar 9, 2012,
Quote by Offworld92

That is of no use for the ME series.

You can put the me25 in the loop of the ampp & use it for mods,delay & reverb. You could use the me25 preamps as well by going to the fx return of your amp thereby bypassing the amp's preamp stage. Or you could use it in front of your amp for OD/Comp & some mods. You can put an external wah between the guitar & fx unit.
I've always used my ME50 in the effect loop. I never used it for distortion though, that always comes from my amp - the ME50 is only there for the rare occasions when I need something else.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by steven_ferns84
That is of no use for the ME series.

You can put the me25 in the loop of the ampp & use it for mods,delay & reverb. You could use the me25 preamps as well by going to the fx return of your amp thereby bypassing the amp's preamp stage. Or you could use it in front of your amp for OD/Comp & some mods. You can put an external wah between the guitar & fx unit.

Thanks. I read that you can just run it straight to the power tubes and use the ME as a preamp but I was skeptical. This is mainly for practice. I use an old 5150 for my stage rig and don't plan on using multiple effects with that. I got the ME to use with a hotrod deluxe for practice. The distortion on the hotrod is way too tame for metal and I know my buddy sounds killer with his ME and dual reverb amp. I had a digitech rp that I used to use on a solid state amp for practice and it sounded good but amp wasn't powerful enough at loud volumes, hence the hotrod. But the digitech sounds like complete crap through the hotrod.
Yes you can run it into the power amp & make use of the boss preamps. I'm not sure if the fx chain on the ME series is as flexible as that of the GT series but if you are using the boss preamps then you'll be able to use the OD & Comp blocks as well which come before their preamps. Be sure to turn the speaker sims OFF for the preamp models(i don't remember the ME series having cab sims).
For some reason the boss preamps sound great when running through a guitar amp's tube power section with real guitar oriented speakers/cabinets. You can also use an external wah by placing it between the guitar & MFx & then MFX out to amp return.
A tip about getting a really good modern metal distortion on it, Choose Od=Loud(if available) & preamp as JC120 when running through the HRD fx return. With down tunings that should get you in djent territory easily with some tweaks in the jc120 & OD settings.
Awesome....thanks so much Steven. I can't wait to get home and play around. Fortunately my wife is gonna be visiting the in-laws tonight so I have hrs and hrs to jam out. Thanks again for all the input.
Sure no problem.

The od & preamps sim on the me25 are different & less in number than the gt, so you may not find that od sim i said before, but they excluded the useless ones from the gt10 & kept only the useable & good stuff with the me25. So you shouldn't have any problems getting heavier tones during practice with your HRDx, if none of the preamp sims end up getting heavier for you than one of the OD sim in front of a clean amp sim will.