I've seen one or two threads on this, and googled a bit but none with the same situation as mine.
I'm getting small (but still painful) shocks off my guitar strings. Obviously a grounding issue somewhere, but I'm not plugged into an amp.

The set up goes guitar > Line 6 interface > laptop > wall socket.
The interface is USB powered, so the only thing connecting to the mains is the laptop. Would that be the problem? Going all through my laptop/interface/cable to the guitar strings?
I don't know what it is, but I've had the same problem
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
play in rubber gloves
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G

Nope, all the cables are off the floor.
Checked the shitty wiring in my shitty guitar, and I have no idea which the ground wire is. I assume its the thick grey one with the white cable inside.
Whenever I play guitar I do it in front of my laptop. This means that I am often using the laptop to find music or something. After 10 seconds or so of touching the laptop and then touching my strings, I get a nasty little shock. So if there is a way for you to bypass the laptop then you should be good to go!
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help