Hey guys title says it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknfLNLYlZQ

Watch this video. The guy does an insane tapping lick on the guitar. Its soooooooooo awesome.. I have no idea how he does it.. Watch 1:00 of the video. I really wanna learn how to do it!! And how does he tap without the other strings ringing out? When I rest my palm on the strings, it mutes em perfectly, but i can hear the shhhh sound that comes when you rub your fingers on the stings! But if I lift my palm and then tap, the other strings ring out a little... Anyway help me!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Quote by amithkallupalam
And how does he tap without the other strings ringing out?

The fact that you even ask this would to me say that you wont be able to play that lick. I'd stray away from it cos i'm almost certain you don't have the ability to execute it appropriately. That being said, i could be totally wrong, but i don't think that's very likely.

Sincerely Negative Nancy
How do you tap? Do you rest your palm on the strings or does your palm float around?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
I don't know why, but that guy's hat bothers the hell out of me.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."