Hi Guys

Ima noob in pickup area
I like metal i am looking for a tone like Metallica . Should i put new pups (pickups) in x11 or get new guitar.

Cort - x-11 has passive emg hz and they sound muddy and if new pickups then which ones?

Please help !!

Thanks in advance
effects aren't gonna help with the amp all that much. but you could be in a worse situation with the amp itself. i've owned and played cort and i'm a huge fan of them. so i would defintaley suggest holding onto the guitar and just dropping new pups in it. if it has the blues buckers or watever, a new set of pups would definately be fairly helpful.

are you looking to go passive or active?
Don't get actives man. I just replaced my emg 81/85 set with a pair of "Walters" from Madhouse Design and could not be happier. Amazing pickups that beat the Emgs in every way possible, from tone to depth to articulation to price.
Quote by anonymusneo
i have heard active ones were better , so i guess active pickups

its all about taste my friend.

i've got actives in my schecter and some times i love them, some times i hate them. if you really wanna throw down some cash drop some BKP's in there. I'm honestly considering replacing my emg's with them.

actives just aren't super versatile and that is my issue with them. they are searing hot and scream when you want and the chug is amazing with them, but the clarity isn't always there and chord definition lacks some times.

on a budget, check out the john pettrucci set of dimarzio's. that should work nicely for you
It won't be worth it to spend the money on new pickups with the amp you have. Low wattage modeling amps tend to not show a whole lot of variance between guitars. And a high output pickup isn't going to drive a modeling amp the way they're designed to drive a tube amp.

Save the money you would have spent, and put it towards getting a new amp - that's what matters the most.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
if is profile is accurate he has an MG30.

you would honestly go better with a new amp than what you have. i also noticed in india, and dont know how much different your availability to get different things as well as price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i have vox vt 20+ as well as marshall mg30

i know both arnt good but both are just practice amps
new pups aren't going to make a drastic change in your tone through those which is y people are saying to get a new amp instead.

but if you really want new pups, you will at least have a good set in there later down the road wen you get a nicer amp.

and i do understand how bad the stock pups in that is so you probably will see a minor improvement in tone bt nothing crazy
Quote by kyle62
Amp

Amp

Amp

Amp

+Infinity.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If you really want to get new pickups, you can get DiMarzio D Activators. Again, I don't recommend it, but I've owned a few HZ sets myself, so I understand where you're coming from.

if you have the means to save up though, you really should get a new amp. I wouldn't consider a Vox VT at all appropriate for what you want to play, which is likely a huge reason why you're unsatisfied with your tone. I have HZ's (I believe they're H2's, or something similar) in my Ibanez, and they actually sound alright through my Vypyr Tube. I use that guitar for industrial metal type stuff though, which lends a lot to why the HZ's are acceptable in that case.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X