Ladies and gentleman...

I present to you:

Bewitched - Dragonflight

This album easily marks my biggest contribution to this forum. In the past I've created threads on some decent bands that received positive reactions but ultimately lacked staying power and were rightfully buried with time. I usually use UG's Metal forum as my source for band recommendations so I was very surprised when I stumbled onto this masterpiece.

Bewitched are a now split-up metal outfit created in 1990 and hailing from Santiago, Chile. There actual subgenre is a bit hard to pinpoint though at times elements of heavy, doom, and black metal can all be heard. Dragonflight is their second full-length album and their magnum opus. It's quite the epic at over an hour long with little one could call filler. And there is no lack of variation as it's chock full of riffs and the blend of styles as previously mentioned. Production is very strong and clear for an obscure South American metal band. Vocals are another highlight of the album. Meh, I'm not good at this part, I think the music can speak for itself:

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1MY-uyJAs
Metal Archives: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bewitched/416

Only YouTube track I could find though finding the album to download is simple enough. PM me if you can't find a link. And this album does have some very minor flaws but in general it is an A class, must have album. Enjoy!
This sounds thoroughly excellent. I listened to tracks from other albums on YT too, and they're awesome. So, I'm gonna be getting this pretty soon I think.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Really? One reply? I thought you guys would eat this stuff up... Granted thread name is retarded, the marketing was bad, and my e-cred on this forum is minimal at best, but still... The music here should more than make up for that. Don't be stubborn/close-minded, give it a shot. A new treasured gem for me anyways.

Quote by Burning_Angel
This sounds thoroughly excellent. I listened to tracks from other albums on YT too, and they're awesome. So, I'm gonna be getting this pretty soon I think.

Glad someone enjoyed it at least. Great album.
Last edited by Born Headless at Mar 12, 2012,
Quote by Born Headless
Really? One reply? I thought you guys would eat this stuff up... Granted thread name is retarded, the marketing was bad, and my e-cred on this forum is minimal at best, but still... The music here should more than make up for that. Don't be stubborn/close-minded, give it a shot. A new treasured gem for me anyways.

Glad someone enjoyed it at least. Great album.

Uggghhh for fucks sake...this is not what either of those terms mean.

Maybe people did listen, and decided it wasn't interesting enough to pass comment?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Either way, don't be buttfrustrated that you got no comments, just subtly bump by replying to someone like Burning Angel who commented.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
there was a thread a while ago on them, they were ok, nothing grabbed me and made me remember them though.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
The bass drum makes this impossible for me to enjoy.

Plus it's a bit shit.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Still need to actually get around to listening to this in depth. It does seem a bit love it or hate it I think, but my initial thoughts are still pretty good.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"