I have a series of problem on my Washburn WI200 pro-e electric guitar.

First, if I attempt to bend the high e at the 17th fret it chokes out and I get no sound. I have no problem bending any other fret or string so it is not my playing style. Does my guitar need the frets levelled?

Second, the pickup selector does not usually work in the bridge position. If pushed into the bridge position, I get no sound. On occasion, after flicking it back and forth several times it will work correctly again.

Third, the jack socket does not always work. It becomes very crackly and the sound becomes very quiet. After some fiddling I can get it to rest in such a way that it works again. I have tried different lead and this makes no difference.

Any suggestions for the above problems would be much appreciated thanks. I am going to take my guitar to the shop tomorrow and see if they can help/fix the issues, but any advice now would be handy.
First, sounds like you have a high or low fret.

Second, sounds like a bad switch.

Third, sounds like either a bad cord or bad jack.

Your local shop should be able to fix those without costing too much.
The shop wants about £100 is this fair. Sounds like a lot to me.

Do they have to level every fret or just the high one
you've got a bad switch. its a pretty easy fix, switches are pretty cheap and you can fix it yourself. check your cable with another guitar to make sure that it's not the cable going bad, and if its not that, then it's probably a bad connection at the input jack, again another easy fix.

is the shop charging you for just the fret work or to fix everything?
NOPE
sounds like you need a good set-up! your issue of bends fretting out could be a high fret, or it could be incorrect neck relief. a decent salesman should be able to spot which pretty much instantly.

as for the switch, its probably dirty. this can be fixed by cleaning it with compressed air. otherwise, it may have a loose connection or just be shot. not a big deal really.

the jack socket sounds like its either got a loose connection or its just worn out. again, pretty easy fix.

none of this should be very expensive.
Quote by heffordj
First, if I attempt to bend the high e at the 17th fret it chokes out and I get no sound.
Raise your e string's saddle a bit, you have it too low. Or if it's a tighter fretboard radius (like 9.5" or 7.25") that's just the nature of the beast.
Second, the pickup selector does not usually work in the bridge position. If pushed into the bridge position
Replace the selector, they're dirt cheap. You can get a high quality Switchcraft switch for around $10, or a general replacement for around $5 with shipping.
Third, the jack socket does not always work. It becomes very crackly and the sound becomes very quiet.
You've either got a broken solder joint or the jack itself is going bad. Replacements are again dirt cheap (around $8 for a quality Switchcraft) and super easy to replace.

Keep in mind to replace the switch and jack you'll have to solder them in. Soldering is super simple and not hard at all, just scary at first. You can buy a soldering iron and solder for around $25. If you fix these yourself you can save over half of what the shop was going to charge you.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Well, first problem sounds like bad neck relief or frets need leveling.

Second could be a bad switch or faulty wiring. Probably the switch, but it won't hurt to check both.

Third sounds like a bad input jack.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by Flux'D
Raise your e string's saddle a bit, you have it too low. Or if it's a tighter fretboard radius (like 9.5" or 7.25") that's just the nature of the beast.
Replace the selector, they're dirt cheap. You can get a high quality Switchcraft switch for around $10, or a general replacement for around $5 with shipping.You've either got a broken solder joint or the jack itself is going bad. Replacements are again dirt cheap (around $8 for a quality Switchcraft) and super easy to replace.

Keep in mind to replace the switch and jack you'll have to solder them in. Soldering is super simple and not hard at all, just scary at first. You can buy a soldering iron and solder for around $25. If you fix these yourself you can save over half of what the shop was going to charge you.

+1 to all of that. On top of the initial cost of the soldering iron, every time after you have to work on your guitar, you'll only be spending like $25, tops. I personally get most of my stuff on ebay, so I get switches and jacks and pots for about $3 a piece.

Techs charge a lot for a very simple job - it's just a matter of you learning how to fix stuff yourself, if you want to save a lot of money over the years (and not have to wait for them to "get around to it").
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Cheers for all the guitar knowledge everyone. I took my guitar into the shop today and they said they will get the technician to look at it on Monday when he is back in work. Then I'll know what they recommend.