Hi Everyone!
I am currently looking for a new USB audio interface to record to my Laptop. I have my amp mic'd up with a SM57 and was trying to go through a Roland Duo-Capture, which worked out horribly! So now I'm planning to get rid of that and buy something better.

I was looking around a bit and read a lot of good things about Focusrite interfaces. What do you guys thing about the Saffire 6? Looks like a solid interface but only uses USB 1.1! I read instead of that I should maybe aim for a Scarlett 8i6. For that I would really have to stretch my budget though...

Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks for you input!
The Focusrite Saffire 6 is excellent. The USB 1.1 doesn't matter with the low amount of inputs, but that does mean it has an external power supply, so it will need to be near an outlet (shouldn't be a big deal since it has to be part of a computer).

What are your issues with the Roland? If its sounds quality it is probably the issues of bad micing, a lot of people don't realize its harder than just throwing a mic in front of an amp to get a great sound.
Hey thanks for your answer. Well I'm not really planning on recording more than one thing at a time in the near future so I guess the 1.1 should be fine.
My issue with the Roland is that there is a lot of noise! I've tried everything but I think the problem is that I have to go from XLR to the 1/4 inch plug and I'm not sure if the input on the interface is balanced.
I have the Scarlett 2i2, great interface and I have absolutely no latency issues despite my laptop being a couple of years old.
My recordings sound much better than when I used my old M-Audio fast track.
Quote by FireHawk
The Focusrite Saffire 6 is excellent. The USB 1.1 doesn't matter with the low amount of inputs, but that does mean it has an external power supply, so it will need to be near an outlet (shouldn't be a big deal since it has to be part of a computer).

What are your issues with the Roland? If its sounds quality it is probably the issues of bad micing, a lot of people don't realize its harder than just throwing a mic in front of an amp to get a great sound.

It actually doesn't have an external power supply. It's bus powered. Latency on it is great. 2-3ms on my 6 year old Core 2 Duo PC.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
It actually doesn't have an external power supply. It's bus powered. Latency on it is great. 2-3ms on my 6 year old Core 2 Duo PC.

I stand corrected I thought it was USB 2.0 was when they introduced bus power.
USB 2.0 was a big reason I went with the Scarlett 2i2 instead of the Saffire 6.
http://www.twitter.com/iamcIine

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Does anyone how many things I can record at the same time with USB1.1? Because I think that the maximum I would ever go would be to record 2 sources at the same time. Any more would be a long time down the road.
How about drivers and the a/d conversion in these units. Are they both the same quality?
The scarlet 2i2 looks good because its cheaper and has USB 2.0 but it looks like the saffire leaves some more options for inputs and outputs. If I ever need those options is another question though :p
Speaking from experience, the Saffire 6 can easily do 2 inputs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was just looking around to see the if there is any difference in the pre-amps and a/d converters but it looks like their pretty much the same.
A lot of people wrote though, that the Mackie Blackjack has even better sound quality in that price range. Does anyone have experience with that?
I mean all I really need is to record 1 microphone or maybe 2 somewhere in the future, but I want the best possible sound quality and stability for my money
Quote by pickofdestiny89
I was just looking around to see the if there is any difference in the pre-amps and a/d converters but it looks like their pretty much the same.
A lot of people wrote though, that the Mackie Blackjack has even better sound quality in that price range. Does anyone have experience with that?
I mean all I really need is to record 1 microphone or maybe 2 somewhere in the future, but I want the best possible sound quality and stability for my money

I'm also in the market for either a 2i2 or the 18i6, although I think the 2i2 is it. I'm getting that and pairing it with the DigiTech RP355 for PC recording. Not sure if it's overkill to get the Digitech but I'll prolly pull the trigger on both. Did you get the 2i2 POD?