so did i

are you sure the person selling them hasn't just seen the massive g12 on the back of the v30 and misnamed them?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if he did replace them i would pass...people buy those cabs for the reason that they have v30s. I'm a supporter of "to each his own", but keep looking for a v30 cab, they are dynamite!
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Well yeah I found on a load of websites that sell 1960AVs they say that it contains G12s, so I assume it's just a rename or something similar.

I plan on putting the two V30s in my 212 into the 412 and putting two of the G12s back in the 212 for selling it anyway, so I'll end up with a 412 with 2 V30s and 2 G12s.
why would you do that? odds are (not certain, but probably) they are v30s.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Random3
Well yeah I found on a load of websites that sell 1960AVs they say that it contains G12s, so I assume it's just a rename or something similar.

I plan on putting the two V30s in my 212 into the 412 and putting two of the G12s back in the 212 for selling it anyway, so I'll end up with a 412 with 2 V30s and 2 G12s.

Why the hell would you do that? They're the same speakers.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/celestion-vintage-30-speaker

Note the writing of G12 on the left and Vintage 30 on the bottom!!! WOW!!! It's magic!
G12 is the model type or something and vintage 30 is the model name.
i'm guessing G stands for guitar and 12 for 12" speaker. But i could be wrong.

I know the M in the greenback stands for medium (weight of magnet) and the H in the g12h30 stands for heavy (again, magnet weight), so it's possible the abbreviations are pretty simple like that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm guessing G stands for guitar and 12 for 12" speaker. But i could be wrong.

I know the M in the greenback stands for medium (weight of magnet) and the H in the g12h30 stands for heavy (again, magnet weight), so it's possible the abbreviations are pretty simple like that.

i am pretty sure you are correct. if you look at a majority celestion G12H-30, G12K-1000 G12t75, etc.

(i am not positive on the quote of the different speakers, but that is what iremember)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?