Lately I've had to travel and play outside in this damn cold weather up in New England with this ensemble I'm in, and I experienced all the standard neck/ truss rod mess ups as a result of the dry, cold air. Are there any humidifiers that would work for an electric guitar? Because every humidifier I've looked at seems to be geared towards acoustics. Thanks
Quote by randyaintdead82
Lately I've had to travel and play outside in this damn cold weather up in New England with this ensemble I'm in, and I experienced all the standard neck/ truss rod mess ups as a result of the dry, cold air. Are there any humidifiers that would work for an electric guitar? Because every humidifier I've looked at seems to be geared towards acoustics. Thanks

what you need to do, is keep the guitar in a quality case with
a humidity meter. (get an idea of the humidity levels through the day)

low humidity can check the finish on electrics.

also, you need to allow the guitar to transition from the inside and the outside.
spending time in the case, before and after a gig, in a cooler room.
allowing for gradual temp changes.

if you're finding lower than average humidity readings, then get a case humidifier.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I would be more worried about the guitar in warm, humid weather than cold. Drastic changes in temperature aren't good though
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com