I built this Carvin Hard Tail Strat kit for my son, who never showed any interest in the guitar. It has very little playing time on it. I spent almost two weeks finishing the body and less than three hours assembling it; it's that well engineered. The body is Alder with 6 coats of hand rubbed tung oil. She looks great, feels great (imagine, real wood!), with no poly to deaden the tone. I also shielded the cavity with copper tape.

I already did the hard work, all you have to do is play and enjoy. This is a really nice guitar, made in the US with quality parts. Don't waste money on cheap foreign-made strats and Fender copies. Just look at some of the reviews for the Carvin Bolt on guitar kits;

K. Daniel Menard
I am simply writing to say thanks. I recieved my second Bolt kit yesterday...this one is a Bolt +. I have done business with Carvin for many years...amps, parts, other gear, and my first Bolt kit. I just want to say thanks for the finest materials and parts for any kit anywhere..and at a price that puts the other guys to shame...the Carvin kits are professional guitars, with some of the best hardware , woods, and parts, available...on any guitar...at any price.

My kit came packed like someone really cared...no corners cut here. You treated my guitar like I would treat my guitar. The packing shows that you guys are top of the business. There was a very small minor hiccup with my order...easy to miss...and a short phone call to you resulting in you sending me the missing knob...simple as that.

There are reasons why people like me keep going back over and over to the same companies to do business with...and Carvin meets and far exceeds any expectations both in the most excellent quality of the products, and the all around service and professionalism....AND real people that really talk to you!!! Amazing!

Thanks again Carvin.

I am planning on doing several guitars this year...and you can count on me using Carvin for each one. No one comes close...at any price...period.

Michael Salvestrin Oregon
"YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Today I finished the kit I bought from you and it is the best guitar I have ever played! You guys build an extremely well made product and I enjoyed assembling it (and playing it!). The guitar came out better than I could have ever hoped and I have you all to thank for it. You guys are the best. Thank you Carvin for such a wonderful product!"

Specs:
-Body: Alder, hand rubbed with 5 coats of tung oil.
-Scale length: 25.5"
-Neck: Rock Maple / Fender style medium 'C'.
-Fingerboard: 12" ebony / 1.69" wide @ nut / 2.22" wide @ 22nd fret
-Frets: 22 medium-jumbo / 103 wide X .048 tall / pearl inlaid dots
-Hardware: All chrome with Premium Carvin Tuners
-Bridge: FT6 hard tail with strings through body
-Pickups: 2 S60A single-coil pickups, 1 Humbucker at the bride position
-Copper shielded cavity
-Electronics: Master volume & tone controls / 5-way pickup selector
-Dimensions: 38".75" long / 1.72" thick body / 12.5" wide body
-Weight: 7.15 lbs

This Carvin also comes with a G&G Carvin Tweed hard case.

Attachments:
Carvin 0.JPG
Carvin Pocket.JPG
Carvin Front.JPG
Carvin.JPG