Lick Library Andy James Metal Rhythm In 6 Weeks

or the shred one good?

I'm thinking of starting the metal one then going into the shred one....just looking for some feed back...if anyone of these has helped your technique at all?
andy james stuff is decent. jamie humphries stuff is good. his 2 fretboard navigator dvds are worth getting. Stuart Bulls stuff is awful.
A Close Friend tried them for 3 weeks and they improved him Alot( the licks )

But For Me i couldnt match that guy speed (Started playing 3 months ago only )

so i guess yea they will help u
one thing to consider with the andy james stuff, is that a lot of his licks and playing style can be copped just by learning dream theater tunes. Harmonically most of AJ's stuff is basic minor or harmonic minor, and if you just spend the time studying a petrucci solo, you'll get the idea of sequencing parts and playing several types of scales without having to pay the $40 or whatever LL is charging.
Quote by rokket2005
andy james stuff is decent. jamie humphries stuff is good. his 2 fretboard navigator dvds are worth getting. Stuart Bulls stuff is awful.

Stuart bulls gary moore lessons are pretty good. That guy can shred
Be aware they don't tab out the riffs or anything they teach you either. You have to constantly rewind the video, or slow it down if they go too quickly.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Quote by mrbabo91
Stuart bulls gary moore lessons are pretty good. That guy can shred

I've seen a couple of SB's dvd, not the gary moore one though so that might be ok. I have the hybrid picking and the extreme picking dvds. Watching SB's picking of any sort is painful.
You have to constantly rewind the video, or slow it down if they go too quickly.
I have alot of LL DVDs, this is my opinion.

All Andy James DVDs are worth buying, the man sure know his stuff and breaks it down REALLY well so you can practice it piece by piece.

Jaime Humphires (Don't know how to spell his name really) is also a great teacher, though not on every DVD. The only DVD i've got with him i considered being really good is: Fretboard Navigator.

Danny Gill is probably the second best teacher (after Andy James), he teaches good and he does go abit more into theory than andy does. Although he does not break it down as good. But his DVDs are really worth checking out. (NOTE: i do not own any of his DVDs as of yet, but my friend does. And i've seen parts of them from him).

But yeah, if you're considering a Andy James DVD i won't tell you not to. Cause if you get one and then practice well (as in accuracy before speed, being relaxed etc) they really will help you. They have helped me.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
danny gill and andy james are both good i prefer danny gill though, the only thing i find with lick libary is that if i see how they teach a song, i go on you tube and someone will be playing it different,
I watched a couple of andy james works and I can say it's pretty good. I watched extreme tapping , and speed soloing where he demonstrates some of his songs, which are really virtuosicly impresive. Danny Gill is also good though, and stuart bull's extreme picking is very informative
I think they're alright but i wouldn't buy them. It's pretty must just an interactive guitar tab for the most part.