I may trade an Ibanez RG7321 + 100 dollars for an ESP LTD V-401DX. It looks sharp, has two EMG 81's, floyd, etc. I'm honestly going to try and sell it, I paid 125.00 for my RG, so how much could I (realistically) sell this for? Probably via craigslist.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I may trade an Ibanez RG7321 + 100 dollars for an ESP LTD V-401DX. It looks sharp, has two EMG 81's, floyd, etc. I'm honestly going to try and sell it, I paid 125.00 for my RG, so how much could I (realistically) sell this for? Probably via craigslist.

How long did you have the guitar?
Unless you've made upgrades on the guitar, I STRONGLY suggest AGAINST selling your Ibanez guitar. You will end up losing profit from your guitar's worth rather than getting more out of it. Instead, try finding out what factors make you sell your Ibanez, then try to fix the problems first. Then, when you've tried all kinds of solutions and failed, then I'd recommend that you sell your Ibanez for an ESP.
Hope this helps,
parhelia_0000
Well, I only paid 125.00 for it, no upgrades. I sell guitars quite a bit and come to UG to ask for help if I feel a possibility of getting burnt on a deal. The ibanez has a nice chip through the finish, not the wood, so at best I'd expect to see 200 dollars if I sold the ibanez. If I sell the ESP, I wouldn't settle for less than 300, which would be almost counter productive considering it's the same profit margin, just with more time sunk into it, and of course money.

I was only curious if I could get more than 300 out of the ESP, realistically speaking.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Okay, now that's a bit more understanding.
In that case, first try selling it on eBay. There would be plenty of people wanting to buy your guitars there. My best advice is to cover up whatever defects your guitar may have, then sell your guitar at a reasonable price (IMO, $219.99 is reasonable.). This way, you can avoid all negative feedback you'll get from the luthiers later on.
Hope this helps.
I don't believe in covering up defects, I'm trying to work my way up to a reasonable inventory and I feel the need to do it honestly!

I don't get how eBay works. Too many seller fees, pay to post a picture, what? It's just a huge hassle when I can get cash via craigslist, despite waiting longer.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

What I gather, the ESP is worth about 700 new, and the Ibanez is worth 400 new. You bought it for about 100. Unless I'm missing something, I don't really see a reason for why you wouldn't want to trade it. I think you'd overall be getting a better deal than if you tried to sell the Ibanez off.
do that trade, its a good trade
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Whether or not you get it for over $300 entirely depends on if there is someone specifically looking for that guitar. Other than that, they're not that popular, I don't think.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X