Been looking for another project guitar and I came across this Squire. I haven't come across this style of headstock on a squire before. Might be something new but I don't really keep up with changes on squires. Halp?

"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by sashki
They used those headstock markings in the mid-90's. I think they had solid basswood bodies at the time.

Do you think i should get it then? It's $99
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
my first guitar a long time ago had that style of headstock but it was "allinone" series instead of bullet. edit: absolutely terrible guitar btw, I wouldn't touch it if I had the chance to get anything else
Last edited by Necronomicon at Mar 9, 2012,
What do you plan to do with it? If you want to use it as a base for mods, then I'd invest in a more solidly built guitar. A used squier standard shouldn't cost much, and you won't have to spend money upgrading the hardware.

The old bullets have shitty tuners and weak pickups.
Quote by sashki
What do you plan to do with it? If you want to use it as a base for mods, then I'd invest in a more solidly built guitar. A used squier standard shouldn't cost much, and you won't have to spend money upgrading the hardware.

The old bullets have shitty tuners and weak pickups.

Yeah, the plan is just mods. I already have a partscaster with all fender stuff so this would be just for the hell of it.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
also get out some sx strats at rondomusic. i got a decent one for $140. nice looking maple neck too. just bought a nut, knobs, lock in tuners, and jackplate. pickups are next.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A