Hello, I've been playing for 5 years and currently own an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (Tremolo, not PRestige model) and am hoping to buy another guitar hopefully in a year or so depending on if I feel skilled enough to be worthy of the purchase. I'm looking into the Ibanez RG1451 and RGA121 mainly due to them being fixed bridge guitars on the Prestige end. I would say I play instrumental rock. Which of the two tends to have better craftsmanship? I want something I'll really appreciate. Also, disregard pickups because those are always exchangeable. But in regards to quality of wood and build, which has a better bang for buck and which would you recommend? Also, I dont care if the RGA comes with a hard case and the RG1451 comes with a soft case. Sorry if it's an odd question. But does anyone have experience with either? Are there any other Prestige RGs with fixed bridge
Last edited by VectorToHeavens at Mar 9, 2012,
RG3521

About 1 grand give or take £200,
They haven't been released yet, but that is the expected price area.....
Spring 2012

They've got Dimarzios, prestige hard case and fixed bridge

EDIT:
You will also be hard-pressed to find an RGA121....genuinely
RG1451's only come in Premium models now, not prestige
Neither the rga121 nor the rg1451 are in production now. You should be able to find shops that would still stock the 1451. The rga121 has been off the market longer. But you should be able to find either guitar if you're anywhere near a large population center. Check craigslist or ebay. Going rate for a used rga121 (with the prestige case) is somewhere around $600. And it's definitely a better guitar than the 1451.

For the current year, there's only the RG3521 and it'll be around $1500-1600. You could buy a couple rga121's and still come out ahead!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
only tried the 121 and (aside from the stock pickups) it was very nice. as DarthV says, the 121 will probably be harder to find, having been out of production longer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a RG1451 and am loving it. The stock pups aren't that great tho, otherwise it's doing the job perfectly for me. Paid around 600 euros for it.
I don't think you can go wrong with either. I would just get whichever I found for cheaper and maybe invest in some upgrades (pickups, nut, maybe locking tuners?)
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Thanks for the answers you guys. Since the RG1451 doesn't seem to signficiantly outclass the RGA121 I'll probably be on the lookout for the RGA. I'll probably add upgrades as Mad Marius suggested. But in the meantime I'll keep practicing and doing more research. Thanks for the feedback and help! It is very much appreciated!
IMO, the rga121 outclasses the 1451. But I don't think you'll be unhappy with either!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs