I just hooked up my wah-pedal for the first time in months. I wasn't playing anything yet, and I noticed there was a strange noise. I turned it up to realize that it was actually music playing through my amp.

So now, I can't really even use my wah because the noise is so retarded.

Above all else, it picks up a shitty pop station. It couldn't be 95.7 or some other rock. I'm kind of pissed.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
I turned it up to realize that it was actually music playing through my amp.

Must be nice to have music playing through your amp for once.
Happened when I was testing an AC30 at a music store once.

EDIT: ^ lol

EDIT2: It was funnier before you changed it from, "Speaks volumes about your playing skills."

For shame.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by Dirge Humani
Must be nice to have music playing through your amp for once.

Lol yea, most of what I play isn't actually music.

What I intended to say was, whole songs are playing through it. Crappy beats, singing, the whole shebang.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

You think you've got it bad? I live on the 4th floor of an apartment building in Seattle, so I pick up the strongest mother****ing radio signal you've ever heard through both of my amps. Pretty sure it's NPR news, but it's all fuzzed out. At least you can choose not to use a wah pedal - I don't really have any options.
...I think y'all're all higher than I am.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
You think you've got it bad? I've got a heart palpitation that will kill me by the time I've 30.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
You think you've got it bad? I've got a heart palpitation that will kill me by the time I've 30.

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by element4433

Cool beans dude, you can do as much cocaine as you want.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by element4433

Seriously? Shit.
West Ham United
Quote by LZRocker
Cool beans dude, you can do as much cocaine as you want.
I'm allergic to cocaine.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
You just have a broken ground in your pedal. Get it fixed and your issue will be solved.

EDIT: Try using different cables too, sometimes the ground could be faulty in one of your cables which could make it receive radio signals.
Last edited by Z0S07657 at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by Z0S07657
You just have a broken ground in your pedal. Get it fixed and your issue will be solved.

EDIT: Try using different cables too, sometimes the ground could be faulty in one of your cables which could make it receive radio signals.

Really? That's very interesting. It can run on a battery, so I think I'll run out and buy one tomorrow. That should also work.

Thanks for the advice. I can't honestly say that I expected a helpful answer
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
Really? That's very interesting. It can run on a battery, so I think I'll run out and buy one tomorrow. That should also work.

Thanks for the advice. I can't honestly say that I expected a helpful answer

You didn't ask for one.
West Ham United
Quote by element4433

i dont know why but i LOL'd at that

Wah pedals and fuzz pedals are both notorious for picking up radio signals.

I think it's worse if your guitar isn't properly grounded, which a shocking number aren't. I mean, most aren't properly shielded, but you'd at least think they'd bother to ground them.

Shitty cables can also contribute to the problem. The best advice is to not cheap out on cables, but don't buy overpriced stuff, either.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by element4433

ya, same here.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I don't think the issue lies with my guitar. Even when I unhook it from the pedal, I still have Gaga streaming through my amp. It could be the cable, as it is kind of old. I'll switch to a newer one and see if that does anything.

Quote by King Donkey
You didn't ask for one.

That's why it was surprising.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Try being lactose intolerant. Yeah... your pedal doesn't seem so bad now, does it?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Try being lactose intolerant. Yeah... your pedal doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

I would die. I love milk

I kind of get this feel from the posts. Am I doin' it right?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Mar 10, 2012,
At least you don't have to go a week without internet like chriscobonham!
Quote by element4433

I looked up what heart palpitations are, so do you just feel like your heart skips a beat then the next one is a bit stronger? Like there's a tiny wait and you can feel it coming?
I had the same issue with mine a while back. It happens a lot with pedals that boost the signal. It'll probably stop when the weather changes or something.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne