Two US women discovered they were married to the same man when one of them popped up on Facebook's "People you may know" feature, prosecutors say.

The man's estranged wife clicked on a link to his new partner's Facebook page to see them with a wedding cake, court documents in Washington state say.

The woman then contacted the man's mother - and later the authorities.

Prison officer Alan L O'Neill has been charged with bigamy and is due to appear in court later this month.

Court documents say that Mr O'Neill - under his previous name of Alan Fulk - married in 2001, moved out in 2009, changed his name and remarried without divorcing.

The first wife noticed Mr O'Neill had a new woman in his life when Facebook recommended her as a "friend".

"Wife number one went to wife number two's page and saw a picture of her and her husband with a wedding cake," Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist told the Associated Press news agency.

Wife number one then called the defendant's mother.

"An hour later the defendant arrived at (wife number one's) apartment and she asked him several times if they were divorced. The defendant said, 'No, we are still married'," the court records say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17323095

Owned
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by MakinLattes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngGgcnJL5G4

Player needs to learn the game.

I thought that a woman sang that until now.

OT: I heard about the story earlier today. It really is a fail on that man's part. You'd think a guy with a career in security would be more.. erm, secure.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
So, the guy wasn't actually together with his 1st wife? It would've been more awesome if he had lived like a double life all that time... but still why the **** didn't he just get a divorce?!
Oh no! My bigamy!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Maybe he should have had a smalamy so she wouldn't notice.

I'll show myself out.
Check out my band Disturbed
"Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life."

Looks like they are fulfilling their mission statement superbly.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
thats pretty good.

Kensai - how do you find this shit?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by rocknroll93
thats pretty good.

Kensai - how do you find this shit?

Oh I have my ways, I have my ways...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by -Mantra-
So, the guy wasn't actually together with his 1st wife? It would've been more awesome if he had lived like a double life all that time... but still why the **** didn't he just get a divorce?!

There can be all sorts of reasons, divorce can be expensive and messy, and can be delayed if one party decides to be awkward about it.

What strikes me in this particular case is, what harm was he doing? It's not like he was cheating on anyone, so why did the 1st wife alert the authorities? They've been seperated for 3 years, so what would she have to gain from it?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
There can be all sorts of reasons, divorce can be expensive and messy, and can be delayed if one party decides to be awkward about it.

What strikes me in this particular case is, what harm was he doing? It's not like he was cheating on anyone, so why did the 1st wife alert the authorities? They've been seperated for 3 years, so what would she have to gain from it?

Publicity, money and sympathy. I guess.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Or sheer malevolence.

Or both.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Or all four.

I meant as in both posts. But yeah, all four.
idiot, serves him right for not cleaning up his mess properly
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by girlgerms007
idiot, serves him right for not cleaning up his mess properly

How was the first wife harmed? They weren't living together as married.
Quote by MakinLattes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngGgcnJL5G4

Player needs to learn the game.

If you're dumb enough to attempt that and leave the evidence on Facebook you deserve to be caught.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
How was the first wife harmed? They weren't living together as married.

She could have got married again and become a bigamist through no fault of her own. Some people are not OK with that.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by girlgerms007
She could have got married again and become a bigamist through no fault of her own. Some people are not OK with that.

No, wife number 1 already knew they weren't divorced.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, wife number 1 already knew they weren't divorced.

then that makes it worse because he is forcing her hand to do something about it if she wants to carry on with her life legally
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by girlgerms007
then that makes it worse because he is forcing her hand to do something about it if she wants to carry on with her life legally

No, she's not guilty of bigamy, because she's only married to the one guy, her estranged husband. It's just him that's guilty of bigamy because he's married to two women.

She could have just pretended not to notice the facebook thing and kept quiet about it, or contacted him and quietly sorted out a divorce and wished him well with his new partner, but she really had no reason to report him other than malice.

Yes, what he was doing was illegal, but it was pretty much a victimless crime. (I suppose wife number 2 would have been upset to find out that her marriage to him was legaly null and void)
Keep thinking the thread title is "Wife uncovers husband's 'virginity' on Facebook"
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, she's not guilty of bigamy, because she's only married to the one guy, her estranged husband. It's just him that's guilty of bigamy because he's married to two women.

She could have just pretended not to notice the facebook thing and kept quiet about it, or contacted him and quietly sorted out a divorce and wished him well with his new partner, but she really had no reason to report him other than malice.

Yes, what he was doing was illegal, but it was pretty much a victimless crime. (I suppose wife number 2 would have been upset to find out that her marriage to him was legaly null and void)

I know she's only estranged and not guilty of bigamy.
She has every reason to report him because he committed a crime plus she was forced to be responsible and do something about it because he failed to.
It's nonsensical to say it is a victimless crime when the second wife has had her marriage made illegal.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by girlgerms007
I know she's only estranged and not guilty of bigamy.
She has every reason to report him because he committed a crime plus she was forced to be responsible and do something about it because he failed to.
It's nonsensical to say it is a victimless crime when the second wife has had her marriage made illegal.

A crime = morally bad per definition right?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
A crime = morally bad per definition right?

He is being prosecuted for committing a crime according to the region he lives in. Whether or not I find that or any other crime morally bad is irrelevant.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by SlackerBabbath

There's a slight chance she's just a straight up bitch.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER