Page 1 of 2
I just had to walk 40 miles to get back to my house from the middle of bum**** nowhere. Im talking nothin but farm land. I walked from midnight to like 8 am a few days ago.

Thank god after 20 or so miles a cop came and picked me up and took me the rest of the way. Which was still another 20 minute DRIVE.

so yah having to sleep and walk in the street/woods in 30 degree weather was not fun.
trying to piece his 2 and 2 together
How'd you get there, anyway?
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
This one time my 'friend' ditched me and two other friends because we woke him up while he was napping. We were in some tiny ass town with like 5 houses in the middle of nowhere. We waited there for like an hour and then we were like '**** this, let's go'. We had no idea how far down the highway he was, or if he was even parked on the highway so we had to walk for ages before we finally found him parked on the side of the highway sleeping.

So to answer your question, no I have not ever hitch-hiked successfully.
You need nicer tits.

Yeah, I can get a ride from anywhere. It's in your demeanor dude, just look mellow.

People like mellow. Wild-eyes kills them and eats their children. Mellow tells a kickass story for the ride.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Yea, I did it across the galaxy. Was aiight.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I used to hitch-hike all the time.
Where I lived as a young man (the town of Nelson in Lancashire) the night life was pretty boring, so I used to go to other towns to go out at night, such as Burnley, Blackburn, Preston, Colne, Earby, ect. Problem was, I'd usualy miss the last train or bus home and a taxi was way out of my affordability, so I used to hitch hike.

Infact, after a night out in Earby one night, me and two friends were involved in a car crash.
We were walking along the road with our thumbs out when a guy in a Reliant Robin (three wheeler car, made mainly from fibre-glass) pulled up and asked if we wanted a lift, he seemed sound enough so we got in. We'd been riding along for about 2 minutes when the guy asked 'So where have you been tonight?' We told him that we'd been to a few pubs in town and he asked 'So are you all good and drunk then?' We told him that we'd had a few but we weren't really drunk, to which he replied 'I am!' and started laughing in a manic kinda way.... and then the car swerved, hit a tree, bounced off, hit some metal railings, bounced off, hit another tree and went spinning in the middle of the road before it came to a halt.
Reliant Robins only have two doors, me and the driver were in the front two seats and my two mates were in the back seat, but somehow, they had got out before I did.
I found out how when I got out myself and saw the gaping hole where the back of the car used to be, and the car seemed a lot lower now too, which was because it's back axle was a few meteres down the road, near to what looked like half of the engine. There wasn't a single unbroken window or light left in the car and it's front wheel was nowhere to be seen. It was literaly now just a fibre glass box with seats in it in the middle of the road, with this guy still sat there, turning the key and saying 'Get back in lads, I'll soon get it started again.' all the while laughing his arse off.

We walked the rest of the way.
I hitched about 15 miles home once. I made it TO the movie store on my bike, but good lord i wanted nothing to do with riding back. The lady was really nice, she was one of the iditarod dog mushers.
My sig? Nice.
yes. check my blogs.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I am a hippo.

That guy sounds like a bloody psychopath. I'd have been shitting myself.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
That guy sounds like a bloody psychopath. I'd have been shitting myself.

He was just some strange, drunken, little old man, we were three 19 year old physically fit young men, so he was hardly a threat to us.
I've successfully picked up hitch hikers before. Not that the bodies were ever found, but for me, that counts as a win.
Yeah, overslept a good number of times when I had to take an exam at school and the next bus wouldn't get me there soon enough. It's 30km to my school so I hitch-hike every time this happenes.
It's nothing extraordinary in this parts. Sometimes we hitch hike even if it's not a must. 2nd safest country in Europe, biatch.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Well, someone offered to drive me the remaining three miles back to where I lived after I did the IELTS test in Bergen a few months ago.

I am a guy, so there weren't any "nice tits" helping me either.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
yea i hitched 20kms and back yesterday, got to ride in a black BMW with tainted windows
hoes go crazy when i turn up.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
I've done it all over NZ and Australia, is ****ing easy to get a ride there, I must of hitched over 10,000km and the longest I had to wait for a ride was about 45 minutes, and that was a one off, trying to get out of Auckland, I was in quite a bad spot and it was literally just asians driving past looking at me like i'm some kind of majestic lion.

Ended up getting picked up by a primary school teacher and he was like 'hey man I just wanna show you what hitching was like 20 years ago' and then just kept givin me cones until i was ridiculously stoned .. he dropped me off on some highway station .. first car that came past after that picked me up, a dude that had been in prison for handling meth-amphetamines, like million dollars worth .. he started to roll a shit load of joints while driving with his knees at like 130km/h .. cos I was so high already I was paranoid as ****. All he kept talkin about was these aussie cunts who keep ruining their joints by puttin tobacco in it.

So I got more stoned .. he dropped me off on the border of some town, about an hour from where I needed to be .. second car picked me up this time .. was like a 75 year old maori woman with her grandkids in the back .. we were talkin bout music like pink floyd and shit .. and i was like 'yeah i like listening to this when im stoned' .. and then she says 'YOU SMOKE POT?? .. SHIT YEAH' .. so she pulled over and told her grandkids this exact sentence .. 'kids get out the car dammit, we smokin weed' .. so she sent them to throw stones in some river while I got MORE stoned with this old granny maori listenin to floyd and Hendrix.

Basically everyone that picked me up said they did cos I look stoned, and have a guitar .. some people are just repaying the favor from when they used to do it .. like ive been picked up by complete familys in the car cos the mum used to do it in the 70s.

And if your in NZ and want free weed .. just go hitchin for a little bit .. i swear pretty much everyone had it.

This was all last year .. I still do it now, it takes a bit longer in some countries than others but I ****in love it, at first you get an awesome buzz when you complete your first hitch, and you meet some of the coolest ****in people.
Legend

Peterborough United FC
Quote by Blimpy19
Awesomeness.

I want to be you. Sounds like the best year of all time.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I used to hitch all the time
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Btw, when hitch-hiking it's all about location; before I was told where the best place in town was I used to wait for up to an hour. Now, at the new location, I got picked up in less then 5 minutes numerous times.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Fat Lard

Thats an insane story Slacker. Thank god for being protected by metal and fiberglass eh?

I'm just glad that the car didn't roll over.
As a matter of fact, I had several vinal records in the car with me (I knew the DJ at the venue we'd been to and he'd previously borrowed them off me) which I had in the footwell of the car leaning against my leg, and a piece of metal had pierced some of them, but not gone all the way through ll of them, so they had effectively shielded my leg and possibly saved me from an injury.

It's kinda like the old 'cigar case stopping a bullet' thing... only cooler.
Wow, great stories.

I've never hitch-hiked myself, but my Dad was a major hitch-hiker back in the day. He was born in '56 and regularly hitched rides everywhere throughout his teens. Based out of the Twin Cities in Minnesota, he had been from Florida to California and everywhere in-between.

When he was 15, he got picked up by the cops somewhere in Missouri. They held him until a detective of some sort from Minnesota could pick him up and take him back home. Well, this was the third time that this particular detective had retrieved my Dad from another state, and they had gotten to know one another well enough because of the hours that they had had to shoot the shit together on the highway.

So, they finally get back to Minnesota. My Grandmother is there to pick up my Dad from the station and the detective asks to speak with her for a moment. He tells her, "Mrs. ______, your son has seen a lot of the world by this point, and I don't see that he'll ever just stay home. So, here's what I recommend you do...".

My Grandma wrote a note saying, "I, _____ ______, am no longer responsible for the debts and actions of my son, _____ ______". This was made official with a stamp from a Notary Public, and served effectively as an adult's ID for my Dad from the age of 15 on. It got him everywhere too, even across the border into Tijuana.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
a couple of my friends went off on a road trip once leaving me and one mate behind because we had an exam. After the exam the two of us hitch-hiked like 100 miles North to Oban, then spent a few days wandering about the seaside and an island getting baked.

We got the train home though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I've never really hitch-hiked per say.....

I have walked about 2 miles home at 3 in the morning through the roughest area in Stoke....
I wasn't raped......I was doing the raping

Does that count at all?
(If not...then no I haven't hitchhiked)
Once, to get to a party.

Couldn't you have made some sort of wind surfer or something. I would have tried to make a wind surfer out of roadside trash.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
yea i hitched 20kms and back yesterday, got to ride in a black BMW with tinted windows
hoes go crazy when i turn up.

Fix'd
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Good_Lord
Fix'd

thanks, i knew i did something wrong
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Yeah, overslept a good number of times when I had to take an exam at school and the next bus wouldn't get me there soon enough. It's 30km to my school so I hitch-hike every time this happenes.
It's nothing extraordinary in this parts. Sometimes we hitch hike even if it's not a must. 2nd safest country in Europe, biatch.
I can't even recall when you overslept the last time
OT: Not exactly 40 miles per day, but quite a decent amount with when we go hiking with scouts.
Second edit: I thought hitch-hiking means walking, and hitching raising a thumb and waiting for someone to give you a ride.
OT try 2: Only once before. Didn't have the need to do it more often.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Last edited by Guodlca at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by Guodlca
I can't even recall when you overslept the last time
OT: Not exactly 40 miles per day, but quite a decent amount with when we go hiking with scouts.

3 times 1st grade; Math, Geo. I'm not sure if I even had an exam the third time, but I still hitch-hiked for some reason.
2 times 2nd grade; again Math, and something I can't remember
2 times 3rd grade; 1st time I hitch-hiked but didn't get a ride. My arm was sore as hell from holding it up for an hour or so. 2nd time I took the next bus. Both were in October I think.
All of them were excused as dentist appointments.

Not examples of oversleeping but still hitch-hiking;
- One time I took the wrong bus, fell asleep, woke up some time later and had to hitch hike all the way from a road between Cerkno and Tolmin, to Idrija.
- The Trakulja event, when the bus didn't even come.
- One time from Idrija to Logatec; missed the bus, didn't want to wait for the next one.

I think there were two more occasions, but I can't remember when or where. Probably from Idrija to Logatec. One time a guy whose car hardly had lights picked me up, and basically drove 90 kmph through Zala.

Btw, I actually saw someone hitch-hiking looking a lot like this. Probably got loads of rides.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 10, 2012,
I have friends that hitched from Nebraska to Ohio, then from Ohio to Virginia, then from Virginia back to Ohio, so I know it's possible. Never done it personally, though.

I did once pick up a hitchhiker from a local gas station, though. I could tell things were going to be odd when the first words out of his mouth upon getting in the vehicle were "ey man, you ever thinka like... jus robbin' dat store?"

He rambled on and on about how he wanted to just kill someone and all of this other nonsense, but my friend who was also in the car was significantly larger than him, he wasn't armed, and he was far too intoxicated to be any real threat, so at worst he was an annoyance. Thankfully he was only going about ten minutes away.

The only other hitchhiker I've picked up was a guy whose car had broken down and who had just moved into town and I felt really bad for, he was really nice and tried to pay me for giving him a lift. I should've taken the money, but I'm too nice for my own good sometimes.
Ofcourse, I always have my towel with me.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Ofcourse, I always have my towel with me.

Also,

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

What did I do?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2