So basically they're doing what EMG have been doing for years?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Doesn't seem like it. That one is different. As i see, you can place it directly like a passive one to 250-500k pot. As I think, I mean just between 2 passive humbuckers you can place it, while emg needs a total pickup change.
Quote by Offworld92

Not only did EMG. There are different solutions but also the different performance and sound. Here is preserved 100% of the single coil sound.
Quote by cemges
Doesn't seem like it. That one is different. As i see, you can place it directly like a passive one to 250-500k pot. As I think, I mean just between 2 passive humbuckers you can place it, while emg needs a total pickup change.

True.

Then what is the difference between this and a stacked single coil? Those have also been around for a long time, and that looks like what this is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by humens
Here is preserved 100% of the single coil sound.
That's a bold claim to make, unless you've actually got a guitar with these in and a matching guitar that is identical in every way but with a more standrd single coil pickup to compare these to.

Looking at how these work, these are an inferior design to the EMG SV pickups, and possibly even the more common basic stacked design. These obviously don't have the ridiculous preamp of the EMGs in them, which does mean their output is more in line with a standard single coil and they should work alright with regular pots, but it also means they're higher impedance (not as good for working with long signal chains and/or processing) and they can't support such an uneven coil winding, so their response is not capable of the wider range and increased response of the EMG design.

It has to be said that if you want some basic Strat pickups with no hum, just grab the Fender noiseless range or some Lace Sensors. If you're prepared to go with something more advanced, get the EMGs. I've not heard these pickups yet so I can't (or rather, shouldn't) pass judgement, but purely from a technical point of view this design is not of much use.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Dont DiMarzio have noiseless singlecoils?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
Dont DiMarzio have noiseless singlecoils?

Dimarzio, Duncan, Fender, Fralin, EMG, Gibson, and so on...
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
This oversimplification. Each of them has a different design (patented) and therefore different sound and resistance to hum.
Quote by humens
This oversimplification. Each of them has a different design (patented) and therefore different sound and resistance to hum.
And none of those designs are A) as effective as the EMG design or B) capable of retaining as close to a normal single coil tone as older, plainer stacked designs.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I see that you do not know yet humless: its resistance to hum and sound. But this new
Quote by humens
I see that you do not know yet humless: its resistance to hum and sound. But this new
Wow, a pickup that doesn't pick up sound!

Lads, this is everything we've all been waiting for, a pickup that is completely silent!. Gods be praised, no longer shall we have to resort to removing our strings to avoid making noise. We can finally turn our amps on without worrying about the damn sound coming out.

Sweetheart, these are not particularly new. Humless single coils exist in many forms. Even the original Jaguar pickups were a form of hum-cancelling single coil and the 'ashtray' cover on early Telecasters also reduced hum; since then we've had SD stacks, DM stacks, Fender stacks, Lace Sensors, EMGs, a Duncan Blackout single now, double-covered singles, internally shielded Jazzmaster singles, and so on. These ''new'' designs are nothing to write home about. It's physically not possible for them to capture as wide a frequency range as EMGs (that's the whole point of the basic active design, after all), and any hum-cancelling design must inherently alter the original single coil tone (if it didn't, it couldn't cancel hum). Of all the hum-cancelling pickup designs around, we already have the most basic stack designs that can be closest to a basic single coil tone while removing some hum.

If someone would like to buy a set of these for me and wing them my way to stress test and demonstrate then I'll happily give them a go, but looking at them now there is no possible - not even theoretical - way that they can give a tone any closer to a plain single coil than a regular stack while removing hum as well as the EMG design (not to mention the impedance point).