Poll: What OS does your phone have?
Poll Options
View poll results: What OS does your phone have?
iOS
37 14%
Blackberry
18 7%
Android
98 38%
Windows Phone
7 3%
Symbian
18 7%
Other
71 27%
Don't have a phone...
12 5%
Voters: 261.
Page 1 of 3
So I'm stuck in work for 10 hours talking to idiots about mobile phones and I thought I'd ask what kind of OS the Pit has on theirs?

I have had a Windows Phone for 2 years - I couldn't really fault it in any way. Except they haven't yet got Google+, which I use, but it's apparently getting integrated in next update.

I heard somewhere, can't remember where, that:
iOS is the past, Android is the present but Windows Phone is the future.

I'd say that's very likely.
Last edited by a_7_x at Mar 10, 2012,
Whatever operating system Sony Ericssons use.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
LOL Windows phone...yeah no.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I had a brand new sony ericcsson xperia android but i was weightlifting and dropped a plate on it

I ****ing hated talking to people on the phone anyways, especially my girlfriend. However, she got so fed up with me not being able to text or recieve her calls (also i just made a point not to communicated outside of "real life" interactions with her at all, I see her everday at school anyways) that one day she told me to call her, and so i did with my home phone- which led to a bitchfest until 4 am in the morning. Is there irony in this? Im too tired to think about it.

Point is, my phone bills do not get paid for unlimited bitching v.v
Blackberry torch. Reason behind getting it? It's a smart phone with a touch screen and an actual keypad.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Motherfucker, I've got one of those LG Shines from 2008. It doesn't run an OS so much as it runs firmware.

...Yeah, I'm kinda due for an upgrade.
I ****ing hate cell phones. I do have one in case I mangle my hand in a tablesaw or run my arm through the band saw, or do anything else causing harm such as putting my hand into a jointer or feeding my hand through the planer.

My phone is a Samsung somethingorother from around 2006.
..I was watching my death.
I have an Android. Using a HTC Desire. While I've maintained that it doesn't have many shortcomings for the past few times I've talked about my phone here in the Pit, I'm starting to get really fed up with it. It's kind of slow, the internal memory is abysmal, and sometimes my videos either stutter or they are cut off at the end. Still works fine though.

I used to really crave the iPhones because my phone was kind of boring (for calling and texting it was perfect, though). But now it's like, "Yeah, but have you seen the shit Samsung is releasing?"

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

i have had so many problems with this phone.

Is that a Desire HD?

I really don't know what HTC is doing. I'd say they're quite customer-oriented, but the stunts that they pull on some of the phones they release in terms of the memory are frankly stupid. I just read today they were releasing another phone with an in-built non-expandable memory of 8GB (which drops to 6GB+ with the OS installed).
Last edited by triface at Mar 10, 2012,
Nokia Lumia 800, with Windows Phone 7.5

Love it. It makes android feel like a basement project, and makes iOS look like it was made in the 90s.
Thing is, all my friends love it when they use it... but go and buy mediocre Android devices anyway. I think there's a stigma around WP that puts people off. It's not Windows Mobile!

Piece of shit really and I hate touch screens, how are touch screens so popular?

Thinking of going back to my old Samsung.
Quote by vitchb
Nokia Lumia 800, with Windows Phone 7.5

Love it. It makes android feel like a basement project, and makes iOS look like it was made in the 90s.
Thing is, all my friends love it when they use it... but go and buy mediocre Android devices anyway. I think there's a stigma around WP that puts people off. It's not Windows Mobile!

I had a smartphone with Windows Mobile 5 back in 2007. Let's just hope WP is much better than that, for WP's sake.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
An old sony ericsson from about 2004. Still works fine and all I really want from a phone is to call and text. Ive got an Ipod touch for music and a camera if i ever need it. What else do you want?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by vagelier
this.

Quote by Holy Katana
Why? Not everyone has money for a swag phone.
Well.. I certainly do.

It's more about not seeing the point of spending said money on a posh phone that can tell me the current weather in some small village in Peru

A phone is for calling people

If I want the internet, why the hell would I use it when I'm out? I'm out for a reason

These days it's just about looking cool and who has the fanciest phone imo

Fuck that. I'll stick with my Nokia brick that calls and texts people
Quote by BlacksailsTippa

Piece of shit really and I hate touch screens, how are touch screens so popular?

Thinking of going back to my old Samsung.

Had this phone and loved it! Then some junkie stole it.
Quote by a_7_x
Had this phone and loved it! Then some junkie stole it.

Really? Mine keeps on freezing, and shutting off all the time.
Quote by Holy Katana
Why? Not everyone has money for a swag phone.

my sony ericson xperia ray was 0 dollars with a three year contract (it's a $40 cdn/ month for some 5 unlimited numbers for calling bs, unlimited text, caller id, no data but wifi) , its hard not to like. I chose it initially because I always liked sony ericsson phones, the size is thinner and more convenient than any other smartphone ive seen, with an 8.1 mp camera and an overall very user friendly interface.

however, I think I was subconsciously sick of all the people trying to contact me that my physical self attempted to tear down the metaphysical realm and to create a void in time and space to further dissassociate myself from reality yet throw myself back into a reality where the process of communications becomes a negative feedback loop so that what is there becomes what isn't, and vice versa.

by accidently dropping a barbell plate on it of course.
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
Really? Mine keeps on freezing, and shutting off all the time.

Yeah - it did that with me too, but it was ahead of its time.
Nokia 2730 Classic, old school ftw
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by sam b

Well.. I certainly do.

It's more about not seeing the point of spending said money on a posh phone that can tell me the current weather in some small village in Peru

A phone is for calling people

If I want the internet, why the hell would I use it when I'm out? I'm out for a reason

These days it's just about looking cool and who has the fanciest phone imo

Fuck that. I'll stick with my Nokia brick that calls and texts people

My phone attitude precisely.
Symbian and it's awful, but I refuse to buy a new one while the battery still holds.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I have a very cheap one that's only capable of phone calls and texts, never changed it because that's all I require from a mobile.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Nokia Xpress Music.
+1, Got me one of these bad boys:
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Diamond Dave
honestly the best phones available at the moment are manufactured by samsung and run android, end of story.

+1
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Page 1 of 3