Hi all!

I've been a lurker around here for a while and well, I hope this is the correct place to post this!

Guitar: Ibanez RGA32
USB Audio Interface: Roland Duo-Capture
Software: Amplitube 3

I've been playing guitar for roughly three years but no matter what, I seem to get a terrible sound. I don't know if it's just strings... I can't restring myself [Haven't learnt] and whenever I go to get my guitar restrung I'm asked what strings I want, I just say any. I've been getting this type for years so I'm not sure if this is the problem? I'm so out of ideas now that I'm just assuming it's the strings!

It may also be software.. Or even hardware. I know my Ibanez RGA32 is capable of much more, but I just can't ever seem to get a good sound of it! The main problem is always the E-string, it ALWAYS sounds too bassy and distorted, no matter what. It's horrible!

Or even worse, have my years of playing guitar been for nothing? Is it because I have a low skill level? Please help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sURJOeRae4&list=UUy9CpB4sVgiwF9bInSVvfSg&index=5&feature=plpp_video < --- Sample of the sound I get out of the RGA32

Thanks~
Yeah, get an amp, a little Blackstar HT-5 or something should serve you well. Also, learn to change strings, it's not difficult, and go for Ernie Ball Super Slinky.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Azoshi
Tried that once. It didn't end well.

How? Can't imagine you skipped the most important piece of equipment to play electric guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Azoshi
Tried that once. It didn't end well.

This is a ridiculous statement, guitarists play through amps, and have done for decades upon decades. Just because it didn't work for you once, does not mean that you can simply dismiss playing through an amplifier.
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Hang on a sec... The tone in that video is good...
Petra - Beyond Belief.
I hope that we're not just grasping for Youtube views here...

But yeah, try an amp again...how did it not go well that first time?

Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Parts Built Mayer Strat
Blackstar HT-Dist, DL-4, Crybaby, Polytune
Blackstar HT20 Combo + matching 112 cab

I like John Mayer, deal with it.

Bassist: Last Minute Delay
Yeah I don't get what's so horrible about that video.... sounds pretty good to me?
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
I think he's gouging for youtube views. That tone seemed perfectly fine to me.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I think he's gouging for youtube views. That tone seemed perfectly fine to me.

Seriously? Do people actually DO this?