I've been looking at od/boost pedals and have 2 in mind. One being the fulltone OCD. Which I've heard nothing but good things about. The other is the Wren and Cuff Phat Phuk dirty clean boost, the guitar version. I have been able to find many reviews about the phat phuk other than the Wren and cuff website. I have the Wren and cuff tall font russian, so I know they make great pedals but I also like reading reviews about things from people not affiliated with the company I'm buying from. So I'm looking for any reviews/suggestions/feedback about these two pedals before making a purchase.
They are really geared towards different things, are you looking to boost your amp?
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Phat Phuk is cool, but if you want an overall overdrive, the OCD is probably the better investment.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Well guess I should start by saying I am new to electric guitar and effects. I played only acoustic for years then made the leap into electric guitar. I use a 79' 50w marshall MKII lead amp which is loud as @*$%. Guess I'm just trying to get the best sound out of it I can. I want something that I can roll the volume for clean tones the roll up for some grit.
Go with the OCD. Now I have not used the other one, but the OCD is a great pedal. It adds a lot of mids and has a switch on it that can go from vintage to modern (i believe). I'm a Tubescreamer user but I am getting an OCD just to have options. Its really thick and creamy, never played it through a marshall but I LOVE the way they react with fenders, I'm sure the results will be just as good, if not better with Marshall cause it goes for the british tone anyways with the added mids.

Keep doing your research...but OCD all day
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
i'm not sure the ocd (or at least the clones i've tried) works all that well as a boost. imo it's better as a standalone od. I haven't tried the other one, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 10, 2012,