http://www.alesis.com/m1activemkii

I have these studio monitors, and two guitar heads (6505 and Fireball), and wanna test running them in stereo, would it be safe to run the heads directly into these active monitors? Provided I keep the level on the amps very low.

EDIT: I've just noticed my 6505 has a Preamp out, would it work if I ran it from the Preamp out into the active monitor and used that as a cab, as that would bypass the poweramp? Then I can run the ENGL into my regular Framus guitar cab.

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Last edited by DarylCooper at Mar 10, 2012,
dosnt sound like a smart idea.

but you can run the preamp out (or effect loop send) into your soundcard, add an impulse in you DAW to get cab simulation on it and use the monitors connected to your soundcard to hear that sound
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard