Page 1 of 2
So after 2 years out, ive finally started playing my 360 again.

Do you still play, have you stopped or have you never played video games?

On a sidenote, i went on to find Electronic Arts not only have taken all my favourite games off xbox live (nfs, fifa, madden, nhl, nba, bf2 circa 2009 etc) also i have to pay a fee for going online with the new madden!
No, it's just that all new games except a few are really shitty rehashes of something older with improved graphics and zero replay value.
Well I am an old guy and I still love playing the games ...even more now then ever... However, I find myself playing more games on the iPad with the apps then going to buy games for Nintendo, play station etc..mainly like someone stated because a toot of the James for them now are kind of lame......
No, they're Not getting less popular. If anything, I'd say that the danger lies in the companies and whatnot not being able to live up to the actual demands and wants from the customers.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Quote by Masamune
I play less and less the older I get.

Pretty much. Maybe 4 or so games a year, tops, when it used to be almost monthly. And aside from Skyrim I've been content with waiting for price drops to buy them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
That's just Microsoft making you pay for multiplayer when it should be a standard free thing.

Video games are becoming more and more popular. They provide an escape from reality the more immersive they become.
The older I get the less I play.

For the moment I just go through periods. Maybe for two or three weeks I play every day, then I stop playing for like a few months, mostly more.

And I still only have a Playstation 2.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
The older I get the less I play.

For the moment I just go through periods. Maybe for two or three weeks I play every day, then I stop playing for like a few months, mostly more.

And I still only have a Playstation 2.

Are you some kind of peasant?
I haven't played in 4eva. Not regularaly in like three or so years. Sometimes when I go over to my brother's I play virtual basketball devoid of irl exercise with him, but ya.
the only video game system i own is a NES and ive lost the power plug...
but honestly, i'd rather buy a ps2 instead of a ps3 or xbox.
just so i could play ratchet and clank over and over again
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Definitely not. Things like Call Of Duty are dominating media and entertainment news. Make an insane amount of money. So yeah. Def not :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Doubt it, although I still play mine pretty much everyday most of the time, I dont buy games often. Only games I ever play are forza 4, bf3 and various rpg's. Rpg's last for a long time generally and in forza and bf3 I could never get bored of the online play.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
the problems with games nowadays for me at least, is that they're all way too focused on online multiplayer. I love games with a good single player story mode. I play for fun not for competition...
I'll still play my DS pretty much for Pokemon, and maybe the occasional Rock Band because I feel like it. Other than that, my video game time is way down.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
lolnah. Video Games are more popular than ever. Call of Duty sells a metric shit-ton of copies every year (as much as I hate to admit it) and the 3DS has sold 4.5 million units in the year its been out.

I could go get some more statistics, but I don't think I need to.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
They're becoming worse, that's for sure.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Are you some kind of peasant?

Dafuq?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by T.s.e
No, it's just that all new games except a few are really shitty rehashes of something older with improved graphics and zero replay value.

I don't mind games having no replay value if my playthrough was lengthy and enjoyable, like LA Noire.
You're becoming older.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I stick to a few games at a time, and I find they have so much replay value. I'm content with playing Red Dead Redemption, Skyward Sword, Pokemon Black and the Uncharteds for a very long time.
I do have to say, though. Most games can't compete with the best of my childhood. With stupidities like Call of Duty where the same game but "different concept" is released every bloody year, it's hard to keep up because people are so focussed on buying those same games again. A lot of the money lies with iPad games or those mini puzzle games like Limbo you can get for your consoles.
Videogames are starting to regularly out-sell blockbuster movies, how can you figure that they're becoming less popular?

In a few years, movies will become obselete as a visual medium, just as picture art has
Not at all, they're more popular now than ever. I'm pretty disgusted with the hand holding that games have these days, though. The last game I played that was a challenge was Dark Souls (and before that Demon's Souls).

Quote by xSheogorathx
Videogames are starting to regularly out-sell blockbuster movies, how can you figure that they're becoming less popular?

In a few years, movies will become obselete as a visual medium, just as picture art has

Few's being a bit much. I wouldn't doubt it happening in the future, though, or even in our lifetime.
It'd still be a visual medium but it wouldn't be the blockbuster moneymaking machine it is now.
Fine by me.
Also it's entirely possible that this won't happen. Films are selling so much still. In fact, there are many films breaking the hundreds of millions, and even billion, dollar mark. Films are just as popular as ever, even with the whole piracy thing.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Not at all, they're more popular now than ever. I'm pretty disgusted with the hand holding that games have these days, though. The last game I played that was a challenge was Dark Souls (and before that Demon's Souls).

"Games before" weren't 25-50 hour games.
If a game that long today tried to do the whole no saving and 3 lives = game over thing, it'd be shit.
yeah but xbox pissed me off enough to make me get rid of it, now i just feel like im wasting time gaming when i'd rather do other things.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
How are video games getting worse? Just 2011 we had Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword, Portal 2, Skyrim, Little Big Planet 2, Saints Row 3, Forza 4, Dead Space 2, Mortal Kombat, Assassin's Creed Revelation, Battlefield 3, MW3, and the 3DS

Video game are getting worse? lolnah
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 10, 2012,
The gaming industry is huge, and growing every year. The idea of gaming has just ingrained itself into the norm.
Years ago you used to set aside time in advance to play a game for hours until your parents shouted at you.
Now you just sit down when you get bored and stick the console/PC on.

I think in a lot of modern games, story has been sacrificed for visuals though. I have a hard time wanting to buy things, because they look so good but I know it'll be shit and finished within 5 hours.
I bought BF3 and played every pennys worth out of the online because the campaign sucked. Now I'm going through Dead Space 2 because it's a long game with at least a coherent story.

tl;dr no. /nostalgia /rant
Yeah, I play it less. Less interest, plus ME3 came out so I KNOW I won't ever see that TV again for a good 4 months. Thanks, brother.
Plugged in my Genesis for the luls the other day. Haven't unplugged it. Been runnin' sonic for a couple straight days.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
The gaming industry is huge, and growing every year. The idea of gaming has just ingrained itself into the norm.
Years ago you used to set aside time in advance to play a game for hours until your parents shouted at you.
Now you just sit down when you get bored and stick the console/PC on.

I think in a lot of modern games, story has been sacrificed for visuals though. I have a hard time wanting to buy things, because they look so good but I know it'll be shit and finished within 5 hours.
I bought BF3 and played every pennys worth out of the online because the campaign sucked. Now I'm going through Dead Space 2 because it's a long game with at least a coherent story.

tl;dr no. /nostalgia /rant

The second paragraph was my thoughts exactly. In my case, replace BF3 with CoD 4.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Page 1 of 2