dont know if anyone knows, but i need to know the exact output of the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 bridge pickup
it would be great if someone could help me
How exact? If it's more in general terms, I'd say slightly higher than a '59 bridge.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Quote by Leon987
dont know if anyone knows, but i need to know the exact output of the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 bridge pickup
it would be great if someone could help me

There is no "exact output"...pickups work by electromagnetic inductance. The signal they generate is determined by the interaction between the vibrating string and the magnetic field...that means that whilst the resistance (which does NOT directly equate to the output of a pickup) and strength of the magnet are constant the amplitude of the vibrating string isn't constant, therefore neither is the output of a pickup.

More to the point, why on earth would you need to know?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
because some guy i might buy it from, sais its 402mV, which seems a little high so i dont really trust it
Last edited by Leon987 at Mar 10, 2012,
Quote by Leon987
because some guy i might buy it from, sais its 402mV, which seems a little high so i dont really trust it

That sounds awful high, Dimarzio quote the Super Distortion at 425mv but i dont know how they arrive at that figure, potentially if thats a mean figure then the Alnico Pro might peak at that, but why is it important?

Bottom line, the Alnico Pro 2 is a low output pickup, with a soft attack and spongy low end thanks to the Alnico 2 magnet. If that's what youre looking for get it, if not then don't
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That sounds awful high, Dimarzio quote the Super Distortion at 425mv but i dont know how they arrive at that figure, potentially if thats a mean figure then the Alnico Pro might peak at that, but why is it important?

Bottom line, the Alnico Pro 2 is a low output pickup, with a soft attack and spongy low end thanks to the Alnico 2 magnet. If that's what youre looking for get it, if not then don't

That seems quite high, considering a Dimarzio PAF 36th is around 224mV output.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.