When you can tolerate louder volumes than normal?

Like just now I was playing on my Dark Terror in my room, and I'm like "shit this isn't loud enough on 7 watts" so I switched to 15, and had it as loud as I could get it without feedbacking like crazy. Then I stopped playing and my ears were ringing. I mean normally I don't play at those volumes because it's loud as hell, but today idk it just didn't seem that loud.
Better start learning sign language now.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
If you aren't wearing ear protection then seriously don't do that. You'll get tinnitus, it's horrible.
dude you're gonna get AIDS
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Don't play loud unless you have to, and even then use ear defenders or ear plugs. You don't want tinnitus, trust me.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by TheDuckMajor
If you aren't wearing ear protection then seriously don't do that. You'll get tinnitus, it's horrible.

He's right. Tinnitus is just as awful as AIDS : With a few minutes of insane pleasure, you're stuck with a life problem.
Quote by mullet1337
Don't play loud unless you have to, and even then use ear defenders or ear plugs. You don't want tinnitus, trust me.

I don't usually play very loud, sometimes it I just have a higher tolerance to loudness
Ever have one of those days where you just don't wanna wake up, everything is ****ed, everybody sucks?
I do. Sometimes I forget to turn the shit down before my next use which means pain. Depends on my headphones too.
I feel like that almost everyday. Sadly I can't play as loud as I'd like because of my family.
Not really. My dad has super bad hearing even with his hearing aid so that's a good enough warning for me.

Starting to get really annoyed with the volumes the bars here play their shitty music at. Last night I couldn't even talk to the person next to me, so I asked the bar lady if she could turn it down a little. Had to repeat myself three before she could finally tell me no. So soon afterwards we went to a different place, and the music at least just as loud...
Quote by FearMyLightning
I'm like "shit this isn't loud enough on 7 watts" so I switched to 15,

Quote by frankv
Not really. My dad has super bad hearing even with his hearing aid so that's a good enough warning for me.

Starting to get really annoyed with the volumes the bars here play their shitty music at. Last night I couldn't even talk to the person next to me, so I asked the bar lady if she could turn it down a little. Had to repeat myself three before she could finally tell me no. So soon afterwards we went to a different place, and the music at least just as loud...

Yeah those kinds of bars and places are barely intolerable.

I think my realization that I have to turn down my music happened the other day in lecture. My professor's microphone was too loud and the feedback made everybody cringe. Well, everyone but me. My friend was covering her ears because this feedback was going for at least thirty seconds as the prof was trying to fix his mic. She asked "What the hell? Isn't this painful to you?" and I just sat there and said no as if it was a good thing. Then I realized it probably wasn't.

Too many concerts and too much loud metal/shoegaze. I have to take it down a notch. My uncle has tinnitus because he was in new wave/metal bands back in South Africa and goes to a shitload of concerts a year. The final straw was at a Megadeth set when his ears didn't stop ringing and they haven't since 1997. Terrible.
I tend to listen to music and play guitar at very low volumes, mainly because my hearing isn't too great in the first place and I've seen what listening at excessive volumes does to your ears...
Quote by frankv

They used to pull that shit at middle school dances way back when.
Since I bought my new over-head headphones, the low amount of high end in them makes me want to turn them up. I usually don't even realize how loud I'm listening to them until I take them off and my ears are ringing like crazy.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Since I bought my new over-head headphones, the low amount of high end in them makes me want to turn them up. I usually don't even realize how loud I'm listening to them until I take them off and my ears are ringing like crazy.

Same problem here. That's why I find it difficult to avoid, really. It's that gradual increase in volume probably. If something's soft and we go "oh, let's turn it up just a bit more because it's quiet. Okay this is alright because it's not painful to listen to", it's because we gradually got there as opposed to our ears not being used to the sudden increase in volume. It's like an audial ninja sneak attack =[
I had a mini-tinnitus attack a few months back. I was playing my Vox cranked and standing 2 meters away facing the speakers and my ears kept on ringing for two days. I realized that night whilst I was staying over at my friends house. I couldn't fall asleep and I was so ficking worried.
k.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User