I normally play riffs on the bridge and solos/lead stuff on the neck pickup. Thing is, sometimes when I switch pups with the selector I get some background buzz and I think the notes sound a bit weaker and less distorted and loud. What's going on?
I have an Eclipse, if it's any help.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Either a bad switch, or your battery is dying. Both are extremely cheap to fix.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It can't be the battery, because I replaced it a few months ago, and I never leave it plugged in. How do I go about this switch business?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Just buy a new toggle switch, unsolder the wires from the one in your guitar, replace, solder back everything where it was before, and good as new.

Before you spend any money on a switch though, you're probably better off just resoldering everything, and see if that helps. It often does.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Huh, I'll try it out. I am rather apprehensive though. I might take to a shop in the future.
Quote by luxeion